XXXIII. violin sonata in g minor by Claude Debussy

Eddy Chen and Brett Yang's relationship has no label. Both are more than friends but less than lovers. Both don't know where to stand. It's up to one of them, whoever has more courage to make it official.

warnings: expletives, fluff and shy, blushing boys.

a/n: their ages are around 17 and 18.

Third Person POV

Eddy had already confessed to Brett. It isn't exactly as romantic as movies portray it. It was awkward, smiley and blushing. The most important thing is the fact that both of them like each other.

It's been two months since the confession. They have went on a few dates, held hands and cuddled when they were alone. None of their friends know about them. So far, it was good. They were the only one who knew and they want to keep it that way for a while.

They never really spoke about it, but they weren't exactly best friends at this stage. Yet, they weren't boyfriends. They were stuck in the middle of more than friends but less than lovers. They both want a label, they really do. No one is brave enough to ask, though. To be quite honest, it seems like the boys are contented with what they have.

The itch of calling the other their boyfriend grew strong when they saw that all their friends officially started having significant others. They had told each other that there was no pressure and they should just let it flow free. Allow their so called relationship to grow naturally.

Eddy was definitely the first one to be dropping hints that he wants to be called boyfriend. His touch lingers on a bit longer, he always talks about how their friends did this together, he was clinging onto Brett much more than he used to, but the biggest hint is the fact that he always looks at Brett like he wants to be kissed.

Of course, Brett being the tease he was, leans in close to Eddy, but pulls away before their lips even touch. He smiles and engulfs Eddy in a hug. He feels bad for teasing the younger, but it was so cute.

Oh, also, they haven't kissed yet.

That's why Eddy was so needy about it. While he's not rushing Brett, he really just wants Brett to be his boyfriend. It seems like Brett's content with being a tease, though. Until one day, Eddy really cant handle it.

They were alone in Eddy's house. Brett was sitting on the couch, watching the TV mindlessly. Eddy was on the other room, practicing his repertoire. The sound suddenly started to fade away and Eddy opened the door. He walked to Brett and suddenly straddled the older's lap.

Brett was shocked at the bold move but wrapped his arms around the younger's waist. Eddy made their foreheads touch and Brett knew, that if Eddy had any request, he would give in. He brought his head down to Eddy's chest, still holding him close. Despite Eddy being brave enough to do the move, he could still feel his cheeks burning up. He still wasn't brave enough to kiss Brett.

"Eddy?" Brett whispered, not removing his head from Eddy's chest.

"What?" Eddy asked back, whispering because he doesn't trust his voice.

"That was a pretty bold move, lovely." Brett said, lifting his head up to look at Eddy. Eddy blushed as Brett pet his hair. Brett leaned in his ear and whispered.

"Not bold enough to kiss me, though." Brett said, removing his lips from Eddy's ears and brought it up to his lips.

He softly kissed Eddy as Eddy held onto him for dear life. Brett could feel Eddy's weight get heavier on his lap, meaning that the boy was getting weaker. Brett flipped them over and he was on top of Eddy. He grinded their hips together and Eddy moaned, opening his mouth to Brett.

Brett took advantage and explorer Eddy's mouth with his tongue. Eddy tastes sweet, like the bubble tea they had earlier. Brett pulls away before they go further. Both were breathless. Eddy whined at the lost of contact and Brett laughed at him.

"Don't think that we should be anything but boyfriends." Brett said, cuddling up to Eddy.

Eddy thinks that Brett is funny because he can go from manhandling Eddy to clinging onto him for dear life. Eddy blushed when Brett's hand went under his shirt.

"Agreed." Eddy said, whimpering slightly at Brett's touch.

After that day, nobody still knew about them being official. They were happy in their little world and that's what matters for them.