VIII. string quartet no. 2 by Leoš Janáček

Brett Yang is a modern poet/classical violinist who remains anonymous when sending the love of his life the letters or poems he has conjured up for him. He enchants a wonderful classical violinist named Eddy Chen with poems and letters that is constantly left in his violin case or anywhere where he would easily see it. Eddy does not admit it, but these are what makes his days better. Basically a secret admirer au.

a/n: the poems are original, please don't judge.

warnings: none, it's just fluffy

Brett's POV

Equilibrium with Limitations

I could feel the wind on my face
As my steps get a little bit louder,
My heartbeat syncing to the pace
I cannot find myself to be braver.

I am allowing my feet to take me where it wants me to.
Wherever that may be,
All I long for is for all these emotions to be true.
At last, these premonitions could flee.

I could feel my blood and heartbeat rushing.
I cannot help but wonder,
Why do we do this thing
Where in we constantly long for a lover?

Even I am guilty of that longing.

Can we find our equilibrium in a mere stranger?
I'm still allowing my feet to go through the sea of people and to do all the talking for me,
As I cannot speak because of this sensation of danger.
Throwing a line out to the sea.

I feel as though I'm being kept on my feet by a strange pull of the universe.
Even with my knees weak, I still allow myself to walk.
I don't think my heartbeat could be worse,
Because it is already in it's full capacity, beginning to feel shock.

There's a city within me that thrives off
Of the rush of adrenaline that starts from the stomach,
And the tingles of butterflies that are soft.
Soon enough, the thunder has struck.

A few more steps and I'll soon reach my destination.
I could feel the blood coursing through my veins.
I cannot be more aware of this elation,
Coursing through its built-up hurricanes.

I find myself in the middle of the sea,
Lost but with a heartbeat that is reserved.
I'm still here to see,
Why the entire world stopped and my vision blurred.

Was it a chance of the timing being right, yet the place is wrong?

-y.y.b.

The folded paper felt heavy in my hand as I attempted to slide it in Eddy Chen's violin case. I still can't believe that I finally had the courage to do it, so I might as well ride it out. I still hope he wouldn't find out.

You might be asking, why didn't I just give it to Eddy? Well, here's the thing. Eddy Chen has been my deskie for a two years now. We're great friends, but I want to be more. I can't seem to tell him, but I have to. I hope this helps.

- - - - - - - - - -

It's been two months now and Eddy still won't quit shutting up about the poems or letters that he's receiving daily. I feel secure until he said that he wanted to know who wrote those things for him. Maybe I'll give him a letter with a clue.

Dear Eddy,

You don't know how much I long to tell you who I really am. How much I long to hold you in my arms and show you off to the world. You don't know how much I want you. I really, really long to hold your hand, kiss your lips but mostly I want to know you more. You seems so distant and aloof but at the same time I know you feel so much all at once.