XIII. navarra by Pablo de Sarasate

Over the years, Brett Yang was sure of what he feels towards Eddy Chen. Brett finally has Eddy, but Eddy has doubts and anxiety. This is a flashback of how they both fell in love over the years in order to reassure the ever so lovely Eddy Chen.

warnings: expletives, just fluff

Third Person POV

I. At maths tutorial, after meeting each other.

Brett Yang never really liked anyone in a romantic way. Sure, he liked people but only platonically. It's not like he was looking for someone at the moment. He was young and all he cared about was his passion. Violin playing and music in general.

Little did he know that it would all change when an Asian boy sat next to him in maths tutorial.

Brett was going on about his day, not really wanting to be here. He knows he doesn't have a choice, though.

He looks around and sees an empty seat next to the Asian boy who had a violin case. He smiled as he approached the chair. The boy gave a shy smile and Brett could feel himself being drawn in closer to the boy.

"Hi, I'm Brett." He said as he sat down.

"Hi, I'm Eddy." The boy said as he moved his violin case.

"How long have you been playing?" Brett asked, gesturing to the instrument.

"About half of my life now." Eddy said.

"Me too." Brett beamed.

They kept quiet as the tutor started her lesson. They did the assigned work upon themselves. Both just couldn't wait to go home and practice. Immediately, after the lesson was over, they walked out of the room side by side.

"Bye, Brett! I'll see you next week." Eddy waved as he approached his mother's car.

"Bye, Eddy!" Brett waved back.

Suddenly, Brett felt his chest constrict as Eddy's car drove off. He doesn't really mind it, because it's normal to feel like that after meeting a new friend. He sighed and clutched his chest.

Brett couldn't wait to meet Eddy again.

They did meet the next day in youth orchestra. Brett can't help but think that someone out there, a god or a deity or any spirit, is listening to him and his newfound longing.

II. At the end of high school, Brett will go to the conservatory while Eddy still has a year left for high school.

Brett Yang felt bad knowing that he'll leave his best friend.

He wishes that he didn't leave too early. He still wanted to be with the younger boy. Brett had already come to terms with the fact that there was a crush blossoming towards his best friend. He had accepted that it might never be returned.

He also decided not to tell Eddy.

Not like Eddy was in his league, anyway. He was far from that, especially the fact that Eddy has dated multiple times. Every single one of them are beautiful, regardless of their gender or sexuality. It's quite sad because Eddy sees him like a brother. Nothing more, nothing less.

So, they were stuck there, the last day of their summer vacation. Of course they had to spend time together, Brett will be busier in the conservatory even if he isn't moving away from Eddy. Eddy will also be busy due to applying for colleges. Brett is just silently wishing that his best friend will enter the same conservatory as him and doesn't choose to become a doctor.

They were at Brett's room, Eddy listening to Brett play while lying down.

"Do you think that I'll be good enough for music uni?" Eddy asked as he closed his eyes, listening to Brett playing.