Chapter 2 - Hogwarts and the Sorting Hat

_________________________________________________________________________

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty, but don't judge on what you see, I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty, but don't judge on what you see, I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me."

J.K. Rowling

____________________________________________________________________________

The four new friends continued laughing and messing with one another for the rest of the ride. Betelgeuse watched with a soft smile the three boys pushing each other around.

I hope that I will be sorted with those three.

Soon, as night fell upon the sky, they all left the compartment to change into their Hogwarts robes. The first thing they saw after getting out of the train was a giant man two heads taller than the rest of the crowd. 

"Firs' years!" He shouted with a gruff voice. "Firs' years follow me!"

"Blimey, that is one big man for sure!" Fred exclaimed, gaining an unimpressed glance from Betelgeuse. The man was clearly a half-giant. He led the first years on a separate way from the older students, towards a nearby lake and instructed them to share a boat with four people. Fred, George, and Lee raced towards a boat, wanting to get to Hogwarts as fast as possible. 

"Bel! Sit with us!" Fred yelled, broadly grinning. He and his brother helped the girl get on board. They were ready to go now.

The giant man, whose name Betelgeuse later would learn that was Hagrid, after seeing that everyone was seated, took a whole boat to himself and motioned with his arm for the vessels to magically start to move through the lake.

"Ye'll get yer firs' look at Hogwarts any moment now!" He said. 

And he was right.

It was a glorious sight. Betelgeuse had read so much about the castle, but her imagination could not compare with the real view. 

It is so much bigger than what I envisioned in my dreams. 

The sheer size of the castle and the multitudes of illuminated windows enthralled the girl. The same could be said for her companions by the noises of awe that they were emitting.

Truly magnificent.

When they finally hit the shore, they all followed Hagrid inside the castle, stopping at the entrance of a Great Hall. There stood a tall, black-haired witch in emerald robes with a stern face.

She is someone you do not want to cross. 

Betelgeuse turned to look at the twins to her left and recognized in their eyes a spark of mischief.