Prologue

It was just an average day at Blood Gulch Outpost #1. A maroon colored soldier faced a orange colored one.

Simmons: Hey.

Grif: Yeah?

Simmons: You ever wonder why we're h—

A black blur suddenly crashed into the ground behind the base! The two soldiers turned around screaming!

Grif/Simmons: SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They immediately ran over to check out what it was while a brown soldier and a red soldier arrived as they did.

Sarge: What in the hell?

Simmons: A drop pod. . .?

Sarge: Lopez, do you remember anyone asking for a supply drop?

The brown robot shook his head. The pod let out a hissing sound!

Grif: Woah!

He backed up as the door to the pod opened a millimeter before jamming. That's when they all noticed just how much the pod was in disrepair. It looked like it was about to fall apart. As if on queue, the door to the pod fell off its hinges. . . . On the other side was a soldier, the armor beyond damaged and the visor cracked.

Simmons: Is he dead?

Moments later, the body fell out of the pod, the helmet falling off. . . . Beneath it was a girl. . . . Her hair was pitch black that reached slightly past her shoulders and her skin was a pale white, unhealthily pale. Lopez noticed her mouth was moving ever so slightly. . . . She was breathing. Sarge approached her and noticed the same.

Sarge: She's alive! Grif, make yourself useful and help me take her into the base!

Grif: *sighs* Alright.

And so, they brought her into the base and laid her down on a table. Her armor was so damaged you could hardly tell what color it was supposed to be, not to mention there being large holes in it. Her black undersuit was visible. From what they could tell, only her armor sustained damage, which was lucky because none of them had much medical experience. They decided to just wait and see if she would wake up with Lopez being the one watching her. . . . A few hours went by.

?: N-Ngh. . . .

The girl began to stir awake. Lopez quickly got the others.

Grif: Ha, you owe me $20.

Simmons: Not the time. *chuckles nervously*

The orange soldier raised a tilted his head in confusion, but then focused on the unconscious girl in front of them.

?: *gasps*

The girl's eyes shot open as she sat up! Her breathing was heavy as she began to take in her surroundings. . . .

Grif: Uh, are red eyes natural?

Her eyes were an unnatural dark red. . . .

Simmons: D-Don't know. . . .

She glanced at each of them before looking down at herself. . . .

Sarge: You alright little lady?

?: Y-Yeah. . . I just. . . I don't remember. . . .

Grif: Don't remember what?

Her eyes locked onto her palm. Her pale skin had turned to a normal peach color. . . .

?: Anything. . . . Well, besides my first name. It's Ruby. . . .

She looked around and tried to walk, only to stagger.

Ruby: You guys wouldn't happen to have a spare suit of armor right?

Grif turned to Simmons.

Grif: Do we?

Simmons: I have a spare set. . . .

Sarge: Double time Simmons!

Simmons: Yes sir!

Ruby waited for him to return with a set of standard issue red armor.

Ruby: Uh, some privacy please?

The three immediately turned and resisted the urge to not look while Lopez simply left.

Ruby: Alright I'm done. It's a bit big, but it'll do.

The three soldiers turned to see her fully armored, excluding the helmet.

Ruby: Thanks. . . . So, how exactly did I get here?

And they found themselves outside standing before the pod.

Ruby: Wow. . . .

Grif/Simmons: Yup.

They all gaped as she began to laugh.

Ruby: Welp, I'm stuck with you guys!

She scratched head before smiling.

Ruby: I owe you guys for saving me anyways. So, what's the deal with this place?

Instead of questioning how she was taking being an amnesiac and being stranded in a canyon full of idiots, Sarge took charge.

Sarge: Welcome to Red Team. . . .