Chapter 15 How the Other Half Lives

Ruby's resting eyes shot open and the sound of a gunshot!

Ruby: Holy crap, can't I ever get some shut eye out here?!

The girl seemingly forgot her panic attack. . . . She grabbed her crutch and stood up. She put her magenta armor on and began slowly limping towards the base's exit. As much as the idiots in Red Team annoyed her, she did care for them. How could she not? They saved her life. . . . Well technically, they gave her a new one. Ruby would be lying if she said she never thought about her past, but a part of her just didn't want to know. She wasn't afraid of who she was before, but she was making new memories with her new friends. Tex was the only connection she had to her past, but it'd take time for whatever relationship they had to rebuilt. However, despite the fact that the ravennette may not have been with the Reds for very long and she may have just reunited with Tex. . . Allison. . . but a part of her already wanted to just keep them safe. The girl couldn't pinpoint the emotion. . . .

Ruby: Alright what's going on?

She exited the base and saw Grif hitting Sarge's unconscious body.

Grif: Sarge, don't you give up on me soldier, do you hear me? I'm ordering you!

Ruby couldn't help but resist the urge to stab herself once Simmons suggested mouth to mouth for a freaking gunshot wound. Grif surprisingly did it. . . . Miraculously, it worked!

Sarge: What, What happened here?

Simmons: Sir, You got shot in the head, so we gave you CPR and saved you, sir.

Sarge: I always believed in you, Simmons.

Simmons: Uh, actually, it's Grif you should thank, sir. He did all the work.

Sarge: Grif?

Simmons: Yes sir.

Sarge: Grif. . . why in the hell would you give somebody CPR for a bullet wound in the head?! That doesn't make a lick of sense.

Grif simply sighed. . . .

Grif: You're welcome sir.

Sarge: I mean it's all so damn inconsistent! What would you do if they stabbed me in the toe? Rub my neck with aloe vera?

Ruby smiled at their antics. Yes, one of them was quite literally just shot in the head and survived, while the other two just did mouth to mouth to revive him. The red eyed girl let out a small laugh. They were idiots. . . but they were her idiots.

Ruby: Hey, we should probably get that gunshot wound properly checked!

Sarge: Good to know we have at least one capable soldier. She has a broken leg and does more work than you Grif.

Grif: Whatever sir. . . .

Ruby: Hurry up, I need to let my leg heal!

Grif/Sarge/Simmons: Yes ma'am!

Yup, her idiots. . . .