Chapter 14 Roomier Than it Looks

Tucker popped out of the teleporter in the middle of the canyon. His armor was covered in black soot.

Church: Are you okay, Tucker?

Tucker: Yeah, I'm fine.

The two looked back towards Blue Base.

Tucker: Come on Caboose!

Caboose: Does it hurt?

Tucker: No, not at all!

Caboose: Okay! Here I come!

The Blue soldier entered the teleporter.

Church: Does it hurt for real?

Tucker: Oh, yeah. Big time.

Caboose appeared next to the other teleporter covered in soot as well!

Caboose: Owwwwchie!

He turned to Tucker.

Caboose: You lied to me.

*With the Reds*

Sarge: Ah, dammit. Lopez, c'mere. Do you see something out there?

Lopez approached the edge of the base. Meanwhile, both Simmons and Grif were back in the base. Ruby had retreated to her room to recover from her panic attack. . . .

Simmons: There's no L in it, it's pronounced both.

Grif: That's what I'm saying, bolth.

Simmons: Both.

Grif: You sound like such an ass when you say it.

Sarge then looked down into the base.

Sarge: Grif, quit your yammering and get your keister up here. Need some help. Got more of them Special Ops fellas headed towards the base.

Grif: As in more than one? Uh, maybe we should bolth go sir.

Simmons: BOTH!

Grif: Seriously man, like an ass.

Sarge: Well well, another brilliant idea from the think tank. Why don't you both come up? Leave the prisoner alone. We could just put her on the honor system, let her guard herself.

Grif: Good point sir.

Sarge: YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT IT IS! Now get your ass up here! We've got just enough time to spray paint the bullseye on your back. Ah, by bullseye, I of course mean camouflage. Now move it cupcake.

Grif: Yeah. I'll be right up.

He sighed before going to the roof.

*With the Blues*

Church: Hey, Tucker, come in man. You there? This is Church, it's working. The orange one is coming out of the base. I repeat, the orange one is coming out of the base.

Tucker and Caboose were hiding behind some rocks.

Tucker: Roger that.

Caboose: Oh, oh oh oh, Tucker, Tucker, Tucker! Is that- is that Church? Tell him that I said for me to say hi!

Church: Now just keep moving around outside of the base and draw their attention.

Tucker: Wait what? I missed that, Caboose was talking to me. Shut up man I'm on the radio!

The three continued to accidentally interrupt each other.

Church: Oh my God. I can't believe I actually died for this war.

*With the Reds*

Grif: I don't see any, oh wait. There's one.

The orange soldier spotted one of the black armored soldiers.