Love or mess

MINGHAO POV,

Two years ago, we were tied into this marriage due to his parents' insistence. I initiated it, pursuing his parents, but neglected to pursue him. Instead of bringing us closer, the marriage made it harder.

Karma taught me not to get too attached without mutual feelings. We were opposites, with different likes and choices. "I had choices but I chose you," he said in a photo, smiling, a smile I couldn't remember.

He immersed himself in work to revive his father's company, ignoring me even more. Faking our sweet couple image was exhausting. One day, I confronted him about "us," and he confessed he never loved me and loved someone else.

Minghao: (Taking a deep breath) Can we talk?

Li Jie: (Nonchalant) About what?

Minghao: (Gathering courage) About us.

Li Jie: (Disinterested, not looking up) What do you mean? I don't understand.

Minghao: (Frustrated) You don't understand?! You've been ignoring me for months. Why? Why do you always ignore me?

Li Jie: (Finally looking at Minghao) I was dragged into this marriage. You and your parents did a lot for me and my family.We can't repay the kindness of your parents, but I'm sorry. I never loved you, Minghao.

Minghao: (Heartbreaking) Why? Why can't you love me?

Li Je: (Apologizing) I can't love you because I.......I always had loved someone else, Minghao.

Minghao: (Trembling voice) You.....you, all this time (Minghao, overwhelmed by the revelation, sinks onto the edge of the bed. The weight of the words hits him, and he sits there in shock. His legs feel weak, and he clutches the edge of the bed for support. Tears well up in his eyes, but he fights to hold them back, not wanting to show vulnerability.)

Li Jie: (Kneeling) I'm sorry, Minghao. I never wanted to hurt you. I like someone else. Please forgive me.

Minghao: (Breaking down into tears) ...

Li Jie: (Standing up, walking away) ...

(The room falls into an agonizing silence as Minghao remains seated, his mind spinning, and his heart breaking into pieces. The reality sinks in, and he finds himself paralyzed, staring blankly ahead.)
A year and a half passed, living separately. He lost someone who loved him, and I lost someone who didn't. It feels like the end, but maybe it's a turning point.

 As C.S. Lewis said, "You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending."

picture of the day (maybe night)

Love

Bye
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~