Chapter 18

(Third person pov)

Akuma rested his head on her bed. He was grasping her hand in his. He wasn't sleeping for days. His eyes were growing heavier by every day.

He was afraid that if he closes his eyes, she'll disappear and never come back. He was talking to her every day. About everything.

He looked up at her face. Much to his dislike, she was still sleeping. He sighed as he placed his hand on top of her head.

Suddenly the doors opened and two figures walked in.

"You should go to your room and sleep for a bit." Mirai said as she walked towards the tall male. He did not answer.

"Akuma..." Isamu whispered before hugging his side. Mirai joined in, hugging both of them. Akuma's lips began to tramble as he began to overthink things.

"What if... What if she's not going to wake up?" He buried his face in his palms.

"If she dies... I seriously going to kill myself..." Akuma mumbled against his hands. Isamu and Mirai kept on reassuring him. Saying that everything will be okay. That everything will go back as it used to be.

"If only reality wasn't so cruel..." Akuma whispered as he hugged them both.

"Sometimes it's hard to face reality..." Isamu mumbled. Mirai nodded in agreement. Akuma looked at both of them with a small smile.

"I just hope that (Y/N)'s going to wake up. She can't leave us here."

"I'm not going anywhere." Silence filled the room. Akuma's eyes were wide before he broke down into tears. He spun around and jumped at the Queen. He cried into her shoulder. Mirai and Isamu jumped at their best friend and embraced her in a warm hug. All three of them cried.

"You're like small kids." (Y/N) chuckled as she hugged them all. Fighting back her own tears.

"Promise that you're not going to leave us." Mirai pulled away with her puffy eyes.

"Even if all of us have to get killed." Isamu wiped away her tears.

"We will always be together." Akuma finished the two. Still hugging (Y/N). The Queen chuckled, her own tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Promise."

(Picture found on Pinterest)