Indra Nagri

"How can they treat a temple like a personal property?" wondered Zarna.

"If it holds so many secrets, they have to," added Maya.

"I think we should go," suggested Tej.

                          ~~~~~~

As Daksh gently wiped away his tears, he carefully returned the cherished photo frame to its rightful place within his backpack. The weight of his emotions seemed to match the burden of the overstuffed bag he now slung over his shoulders.

A gentle knock on the door interrupted Daksh's contemplation, and he turned to find Rutuja standing there, her presence a reminder of the task at hand.

"Master Indra is waiting," she informed him with a soft voice, her eyes reflecting empathy for Daksh's sorrow.

Nodding in acknowledgment, Daksh took a deep breath, steeling himself for what lay ahead. Adjusting the backpack on his back, he followed Rutuja's lead as they made their way toward the living room, the weight of the backpack serving as a constant reminder of the memories it held.

Inside the living room, Rishi appeared weary, his steps faltering as he staggered towards a chair, seeking respite from the strain that burdened his body. The room was charged with an atmosphere of anticipation, as if the events about to unfold would determine their fate.

"Children, we are going back to Indra Nagri," said Dai Ma as she handed over a red thread to each one of them.

"Why?" asked Daksh and Rishi at once.

"Because that's the safest place," said Indra as he helped Rishi get to his feet.

"Safe place? Mom and Danj were-"

"I know," said Indra. "You don't need to remind me."

"On the count of three," said Dai Ma.

They closed their eyes, holding onto their backpacks.

"One, two, three," said Dai Ma.

And on the count of three. The group disappeared into thin air.

                             ~~~~

A distinct metallic tang hung in the open air, subtly permeating the surroundings, as Advika's senses picked up the scent of stainless steel. Ray's gaze swept across the waiting room, searching for an available spot where he and Tej could find respite. The hospital corridors bustled with activity, filled with the constant commotion of doctors and nurses rushing to fulfill their duties.

Moments later, the door to the operation theatre swung open, drawing their attention. Tej's anticipation compelled him to dart towards the doctors emerging from the room, his steps quick and purposeful. Ray followed closely behind, sharing Tej's apprehension.

"How is Uncle now?" Ray inquired; his voice laced with concern.

Dr. Sheena Dixit, the seasoned surgeon from The PrimeLife Hospital, met their anxious gazes with a reassuring smile.

"I can confidently say that he is now out of danger," she replied, her words instilling a sense of relief within them.

Tej exhaled a deep sigh, his tense shoulders finally relaxing as he absorbed the positive news. The weight of worry seemed to momentarily lift from their collective hearts, allowing a glimmer of hope to shine through.

"But we have to keep him under observation for a few days," she added and kept her hand on Tej's shoulder. "Your dad will be fine soon."

Tej nodded as the doctor left to visit the other patients.

"Tej," said Advika. "Uncle's phone."

"Hello," said Tej.

"Tej, how is Mr. Patel doing?" said the person on the other end.

"He's out of danger," answered Tej.

"Swarna ma'am was not answering calls, so I had to call on Sir's number," said the person.

"Is it something urgent, Mr. Taneja?" asked Tej.

"You need to come to the office immediately," said Mr. Taneja. "It's important, cannot be delayed."

"Is everything fine?" asked Tej.

"Please come to the office. I'll tell you everything," said Taneja.

"I'll be there," said Tej and cut the call.

"Zarna's dad is on his way to your office," said Ray. "There are some legalities that need attention. But uncle Zavier is there with you he'll handle everything. We're here with Uncle, you visit the office and come."

"Maya and Zarna are there with aunty," said Advika. "Doctor's have given her injection, she's sleeping, but she'll be fine," said Advika.

Tej looked to the ground and nodded his head.

"I'll be right back," he said and slowly walked towards the exit.

                          ~~~~~~~

Daksh, Indra, and Rishi found themselves standing before a dilapidated hut, its structure battered and broken. Daksh fought back tears, his emotions welling up as Dai Ma pushed open the door, revealing a sight obscured by moss and spiderwebs.

Rutuja confidently stepped inside, carrying five backpacks. With a simple snap of her fingers, a magical force took hold of the bags, causing them to levitate and arrange themselves in a neat, straight line against the wall of the room.

As they entered the living room, a sense of nostalgia filled the air. The space was adorned with old-fashioned wooden furniture, each piece showcasing the wear and tear of time. A large, imposing bookshelf stood proudly opposite the well-worn sofa set, its shelves lined with books, relics of stories waiting to be discovered.

"Reminds me of the academy," said Rishi. "Looked small form the outside, but spacious inside."

"Rutuja," said Dai Ma as she helped Rishi sit on the comfortable leather sofa. "Check all the rooms. Make sure they're tidy."

"Yes, Dai Ma," she said and went on to inspect all the six rooms of the house.

"I've destroyed all our traces, Indra," said Dai Ma and poured some water in a glass. "His men won't be able to follow us."

"I'm worried about the temple," said Indra as he sunk in the armchair.

"Nobody knows about its secrets," said Dai Ma and gulped down the water.

Daksh and Rishi exchanged a glance.

"And if anyone tries to invade, we have the protector, and the King," assured Dai Ma.

"And boys," said Indra. "No sneaking out anywhere."

"Dai Ma," said Rutuja returning from one of the bedrooms. "All the rooms are ready," she said.

"You're the in charge, Rutuja," said Indra. "Do not let these boys step out of Indra Nagri."

Rutuja nodded her head and looked at the boys.

I hope I can handle them, she thought.

                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Lovely Readers,

Hope y'all doing well.

Completed 70 chapters!

Thanks for all the reads and comments it keeps me motivated.

Keep supporting. We have a long way to go. The story is just started.

Thank you all who have been glued to the story so far. Your reads and comments mean a lot to me.

Stay tuned!