Daksh Missing

Maya tugged at the ropes, her hands bound tightly. "If only Advika were here," she muttered, her voice strained. "With her, we could break free from this rope. It takes the power of five. How could she just run off like that?"

Tej stepped in to defend Advika. "She went to protect the book," he explained.

Maya's frustration grew evident as she retorted, "Oh, really! The book is perfectly capable of protecting itself. We need its powers, not the other way around!" Her voice verged on a scream.

Ray intervened, trying to regain their focus. "Alright, guys, let's stay on track," he urged. "Stop fidgeting with the rope, Maya."

Zarna spoke up, her voice calm and soothing. "Yes, please, everyone, let's calm down. We need to focus on harnessing our collective powers. Arguing will only scatter our energies," she advised.

Maya interrupted; her concern evident. "But without Advika..."

Ray interjected, interrupting her protest. "Let's at least give it a try," he suggested. He closed his eyes, and the others followed suit, ready to channel their energies.

                                                               ~~~~~~

Rutuja descended the creaky stairs of the old cottage, calling out urgently, "Rishi! Rishi!"

Rishi responded from the small dining area in the hall. "Take it easy, girl. You'll end up breaking one of those steps," he cautioned. Pouring some milk into a glass, he added, "I wonder how this place is still standing."

The cottage, perched on the plain near the woods, was a testament to its age and wear. Despite its dilapidated state, it emitted a sense of warmth and welcome. A thin wisp of smoke curled from the ancient chimney, breathing life into the otherwise deserted surroundings. Its walls, constructed from weathered wood, stood resilient, while the roof, made of stone, appeared aged yet miraculously intact. Isolated and solitary, the cottage stood alone, as if abandoned, were it not for the comforting presence of smoke billowing from its chimney.

Rutuja stood in front of Rishi. "Daksh is missing," she announced.

Rishi, spreading peanut butter on his bread, responded casually, "He's not a kid, Rutu. He'll be fine. Don't worry."

Frustration crept into Rutuja's voice as she replied, "You don't understand. Master Indra specifically told us to stay indoors."

"Well, his son doesn't seem to understand that," Rishi remarked, taking a bite of his bread. Rutuja nodded her head and put on her sandals. "I'm going to look for him," she declared, making her way towards the door.

Rishi clicked his fingers.

Within moments, the door and windows of the cottage sealed tightly.

Rutuja swiftly whirled around, anger burning in her gaze as she faced Rishi, demanding an explanation.

Rishi locked eyes with Rutuja, an unwavering determination etched on his face. "You're staying right here," he declared resolutely.

Rutuja met his gaze unflinchingly, her voice tinged with defiance. "Go on, give it a shot," she taunted, clapping her hands, causing the door to swing open instantly.

Rishi, rising from his seat, advanced purposefully toward her. "I can't believe this, Ru. You're ready to stand against me for his sake," he remarked, his lips tightly pressed together as he struggled to contain the tears that threatened to surface.

Rutuja gently clasped his hand, her tone sincere. "Rishi, I'd do the same for you," she reassured him. "This is about the mission, not just one individual."

A flicker of understanding passed through Rishi's eyes. "Then I'll go with you," he decided.

~~~~~