The Search Begins

As the man sat on a small cot, nursing his wounds, the old woman approached, carrying a steaming cup of liquid. She handed it to him, and he accepted it gratefully, taking a cautious sip. "Saved yourself from the wolves then," she remarked, her voice weathered and wise. He nodded in response, feeling the warmth of the drink soothing his aching body, although he couldn't help but grimace at its bitter taste.

"Is this necessary?" he asked, closing his eyes briefly. The old woman, Dai Ma, sat in front of him, her eyes filled with concern. "Yes, don't expect medicine to be delicious. It's for your wounds," she replied firmly.

"I got a clue about the book," he said, taking another sip of the liquid.

"And...?" Dai Ma prompted, leaning in.

"The book transported itself somewhere, to hide from our enemies," he revealed, a note of frustration in his voice.

"The book should not get into..." Dai Ma started, but he cut her off.

"I know, I know," he interrupted, setting the cup down on the ground. "But, Dai Ma, the book knows how to protect itself."

Dai Ma sighed, her aged features showing concern. "I hope the book finds a righteous master," she said softly. "Indra, you need to hurry up. Ask Daksh for help if you-"

"Daksh is too young for this mission," Indra replied firmly. Dai Ma shook her head in disagreement. "No, he isn't," she opposed. "It's your call. But it's high time he is told the truth."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Advika stood on the balcony, watching the rain pour down and the night sky turn gloomy, Tej approached her, balancing two steaming cups of hot chocolate. "Here," he said, offering her one.

Inside, Ray, Maya, and Zarna sat on the cream-colored sofa in the spacious hall, engrossed in their laptops, searching for books on the Occult. 

Tej asked curiously, "Why Occult?" taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

"It will help us understand things better," replied Advika. 

"I hope it does, otherwise, I'll be forever-"

"Tej," Advika interrupted, turning to face him. "We've discussed this before."

Zarna beckoned them over to the laptop where Ray was pointing at the screen. It displayed a picture of an ancient temple nestled on the outskirts of the city, obscured by another temple in front of it. A vibrant orange flag fluttered atop the temple, and the steps leading to it led to a grand entrance porch.

"Looks like it's been ruined by time," observed Maya. 

Zarna added, "Yes, this temple is a beauty, but it hasn't been taken care of." 

Ray asked, "Should we go here?" Maya eagerly nodded, and Zarna rubbed her palms together in excitement.

Advika voiced her concerns, "It will be risky." 

Maya, however, replied confidently, "Yes, but it's worth it," as she looked at the screen.

"Okay, then, let's decide on a day and-"

"Get set, go," Ray interrupted Tej, and Zarna high-fived him in agreement. The decision was made, and their next adventure was about to begin.