The Soul Catcher

The chilling cold penetrated Zarna's bones, causing her to shiver uncontrollably. Each passing minute only intensified the frigid atmosphere within the small hut. 

Despite the discomfort, she forced herself to keep her eyes closed, focusing on the soothing mantras resonating through the air, attempting to find solace amidst the numbing sensations that gripped her back and head.

Rutuja sensed a shift in the energy around her, and with cautious curiosity, she cracked her eyes open ever so slightly. A rush of surprise and recognition washed over her as she caught sight of a familiar face, adorned with a radiant smile. She blinked repeatedly, questioning the reality of the presence before her, unable to believe her own eyes.

The enchanting melodies of Maya's chants came to an abrupt halt, and she too opened her eyes, meeting the gaze of a woman dressed in a flowing dark blue gown. The color of her eyes mirrored the depths of her attire, captivating and mysterious.

Rutuja's emotions overwhelmed her as she rushed forward, enveloping the woman in a tight embrace. Tears welled up in her eyes, threatening to spill over. The woman reciprocated the embrace, offering comfort and reassurance as she gently patted Rutuja's head, wiping away the tears that streamed down her cheeks.

"How have you been, little one?" the woman asked with a tender smile.

Rutuja's voice quivered with a mix of disbelief and joy. "You are..."

The woman's gaze shifted to the others, acknowledging their presence. "I am Tara, the soul catcher whom you have summoned. Bring Azazel here so that we may finish what was started and bring an end to this."

A wave of confusion swept through Maya, causing her to interject. "You can't be," she exclaimed.

Curiosity was etched on Ray's face as he crossed his arms, awaiting an explanation.

Maya continued; her voice laced with uncertainty. "She is Daksh's mother. But we heard that-"

"Yes, Azazel took my life, but Grantha saved my soul," she revealed. "I cannot wait here forever," she glanced at the dark clouds. "Do what you have to do to bring Azazel here."

"No," said Maya. "We aren't bringing him here."

Rutuja swiveled to glance at her and blinked in confusion. 

"Advika and the others, that's their part," added Ray. "Advika strictly mentioned that we are not to leave Indra Nagri. This is our safe place."

"So, what are we going to do?" questioned Rutuja. "Just wait for them?"

"No," said Tara. "You children have a lot to do."

"Please elaborate," said Ray.

"There was a ritual and an ancient artifact that helped Azazel become who he is today," revealed Tara. "You need to locate his home. The place closest to him. The place where everything began."

"And how exactly do we do it?" questioned Maya.

Her gaze shifted beyond the windows as if peering into the depths of the past, and she closed her eyes, allowing the memories to wash over her.