Chapter 18

'Y/n wake up, you've been sleeping for a while now!', I was woken up by my mother complaining and opening the curtain, exposing the blinding sun. It was the first day of spring break but I didn't feel anything.

'Ah, just five more minutes...', I groaned, dragging my blanket above my head. I felt a sudden slap of my mom's slipper hitting my head. 'Ow! That hurt.'

'Get up, now and get do something outside. I don't want you mopping around the house like the last few holidays. Get ready and go outside for some fresh air now or i'm taking your phone away.'

That last sentence alone made me jump out of my bed and go get ready. I'll just go for a walk to the supermarket, get some snacks and sit outside for a while. I don't want my mom thinking I just went out for a few minutes.

After an hour or so, I finished getting ready, I didn't bother with what clothes I wore, I just threw on a pair of joggers and a top, and headed outside. I covered my eyes, protecting it from the sun which directly hit my face. It's so bright. Plugging in my earphones, I played some music and began my walk.

—————————-

Once I arrived at the store, I grabbed some snacks and a meal and sat down at a near picnic bench that was in the park, besides the store. I took a seat under the shade, and put on my favourite show, whilst eating . To be honest, it was quite relaxing to sit outside for a while, it was calm and relaxing.

'Y/n, are you obsessed with me? Why do you keep following me?' a voice behind me spoke. I paused my show, and turned to see Takashi standing in his casual clothes and a bag full of snacks. I turned my head back around.

'Your parents forced you to come out too?', I asked, continuing to eat my meal.

'Eh? How did you know? Well, I guess you know me too well, we're friends after all.', he said, taking a seat in front of me.

'Since when where we friends?', I jokingly asked.

'You said so yourself, when you confessed that you liked Mab-', I stomped on his foot before he could continue. 'Ow! Why so violent y/n?', he cried.

'I didn't confess..', I mumbled. Takashi looked at me with a puzzled expression.

'Did something happen on the last day of school when you both stayed behind?'

I paused for a moment remembering what happened. 'How did you know he was with me?' I asked, trying to distract him from my noticeable embarrassment.

'Well, once I left school, I remembered I forgot something in my locker so I went back to go get it, that's when I saw Mabuchi walk past. I tried to greet him but he ignored me and went on. It seemed as though something was bothering him.' Takashi explained.

I still don't know why he seemed so bothered, and when I asked.., well you know what happened next.

'Hm, well nothing much happened.' That was a complete lie. I turned my phone off because I figured Takashi wasn't leaving anytime soon.

I heard a little snicker from in front of me, 'Pft! So you didn't confess to him yet?!'

I sighed at his stupidity. 'Are you crazy? Why would I do that?' I looked at the child-like person in front of me, laughing uncontrollably. 'Besides, he already has a girlfriend..' Takashi instantly stopped laughing.

'What do you mean he has a girlfriend?', he questioned.

'I was thinking the same thing, that was until I saw him with a girl in front of our classroom. I've seen them together a few times.' The thought of it made my heart sink. I sighed and lay my head onto the table, 'I'm so tired. Why is love so difficult?'

I felt a scrunched up chocolate bar packet being thrown onto my head. 'What the heck-'

Takashi began yelling at me. 'I didn't back down for you to be slouching around crying about a boy that you clearly really like! If you like him tell him for god sake! If you don't tell him soon then i'm going to continue to confess to you, even if it's a million times, until you fall in love with me.' We sat in silence for a moment. His face seemed irritated and like he had enough. I felt sorry for him so I agreed to try until I succeeded.

'Ok, I'll do my best,' I smiled.

——————————

'I was capable of walking a few miles by myself but thank you anyway.' Takashi walked me home after we finished our food and conversation. Today was pretty calm.

'I want to spend as much time as I can with you.' he said offering a large smile. I smiled back, then noticed something on his head.

'Oh wait there's something in your hair,' I pointed towards his head.

'Oh here?', he asked, patting his hair.

'No.'

'Here?'

'Let me just do it.' I walked closer to him and reached out to take the leaf that lay in his hair. I then looked down at him, his eyes were wide and his face looked as though he saw a ghost. I laughed and then wiggled the leaf in his face. 'How tall are you that leaves get caught in your hair?' Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist and stared at me for a moment before letting go.

'Hm, uh yeah, I'm pretty tall!', he smiled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. 'Well, I'm going to get going now!' he ran off down the street then disappeared.

'Weirdo.' I muttered under my breath.

I entered my house and slipped my shoes off. 'Mom, I'm back!' I walked into the kitchen, where my mom was and took a seat. 'Ooh, what you making?' I asked.

'Who was that boy you were with outside?', she asked, ignoring my question.

'Oh, Takashi? He's a friend from school.'

'He looks like he likes you.' she sung, nudging my arm.

'Haha, very funny.. Anyways I see that you made some brownies.' I looked at the treats that were nicely decorated and reached to grab one, then my mom slapped my hand out of the way.

'They're not for you!', she remarked.

'Ow! Who are they for then?', I rubbed my hand that now turned red.

'Your friend, they're in the living room.' My mom smiled then walked to the living room with the brownies in her hand.

My friend? Akari and Yui didn't make any plans with me?

I followed behind my mom, wondering who came by.

'Sorry to keep you waiting Mabuchi, but Y/n here now!'

I froze when I heard his name. I hid behind the kitchen door, in shock and embarrassment. Why is he here?!

————————-
AN: Y'all i'm sorry that I posted this chapter a bit late, I had exams the whole week and I just didn't have enough time to write the next chapter 😔.
BUT, now the exams are finished, I'm aiming to post every other day or if I have time every day .

Anyways, I hope y'all are doing well and are safe. Hope you've enjoyed this chapter!! 💕