Prologue

I was running upstairs, drenched in sweat. My heart pounding out of my chest and I had a knife cut on my arm. He just wouldn't stop and I told him to stop. I wanted to leave him so bad, I am 29 years old and I am getting my ass beat every fucking day. Blood is always being spilled and it's not from him.

Once I got upstairs, he was calling me.

"Kayla, get your ass back down here bitch!" He yelled.

I kept running down the hall, until I reached our bedroom door and I locked it shut. I held the door, as I heard his feet running down the hallway. Once he reached the door, he starts banging on it.

"Kayla!! Kayla Got dammit! Open the fucking door!" He yelled.

"No!! Leave me alone Julius!! Just leave me be!!" I yelled in tears. "You know I hate it when you defy me!!" He yelled as he banged on the door.

The tears were pouring out of my eyes as I slid behind the door, next to the wall. I brought my knees up to my chest as I sat here crying. The cut on my wrist didn't come from just anyone, it came from him. My husband of five years had chosen to drink and hit me.

This didn't just start though, I was 24 years old when he asked me for my hand in marriage. I thought that I was following behind my own parents. God rest their souls, that's what I thought. But right now, it's not and I wish they were here. I knew they are turning in their fucking grave because this man wasn't just a man before the spitting, cutting, cussing and the fucking drinking.

After twenty minutes, I listened as the banging stopped. I leaned down to look under the door and he was still standing there. He was tapping his foot and then I seen the butcher knife drop by his foot. "He's trying to kill me." I whispered to myself. I moved back and he knocked on the door again.

"Baby please just open the door. I'm sorry." He said.

"You hurt me too bad Julius!! Why me? What did I ever do to fucking deserve this! I am good to you!" I said.

"You just don't understand. I hate when you disrespect me!" He said, "Open the door Kayla." He said.

"I am not opening this door! I won't do it!" I said.

He banged on the door and I slid back from looking under it. I walked into our grand bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. "You should be happy, Kayla. Your too beautiful for this." I said to myself.

The banging still continued as I went to open our bathroom mirror. There was a bottle of painkillers in there. I grabbed my cup and filled it with water, I opened the bottle and pour some in my hand. I walked back to the door and stood there.

"Julius? You think you can just fucking hurt me like that?" I yelled. The only thing I hear, is him grunting trying to bust down the door. I looked down at the pills and swallowed every last one of them. I washed them down with some water, I swallowed them and I laid down on the bed.

"I don't need you and you damn sure don't need me! Goodbye Julius! I am not wanted either! I'll see you on the other side!!" I yelled from the bed.

"What the fuck--wait no!! Kayla!! Just open the door!! Please open the door!!" He yelled. I didn't respond.

I turned my head and looked at the celing. I felt my body get tingly on the inside. With heavy tears still falling from my face, I felt like this was my end.

"Mom..Dad.. here I come." I said to myself.

After thirty minutes, Julius had stop banging but he kept knocking and calling me. I lost my hearing and only the muffled noises of Julius faded. My heart was slowly beating and my blood felt like it was cold. My vision slowly faded and then came into a complete vision of darkness.

*End of Prologue**
Vote and Comment ❤❤