The Setup

I got out of the hospital with Michael's help. He had his driver taking us back to my place while Julius was at work. Sitting in the back with him, I felt a sense of relief for a moment but the tension is still here. I still felt like Julius was wrong and for leaving me high and dry at the hospital, told a good story. I was sitting here listening to his angelic voice as he announced the plan that him and Bre set up. I agreed but I was scared that it wouldn't work.

"I'm scared, Michael. What if it doesn't work?" I asked him.

"It will work because my mother will be calling his phone from Indiana to request for you herself. But because Julius knows my mother, she  is going to use a burner phone, so he can't trace it back. It's perfect and then for me, he knows that I had to come and see my mother anyway. It will work. You just have to take a cab to the airport and I will meet you there. We are going together." He said.

My heart started to beat really hard and I grabbed my chest. Closing my eyes, I felt like this will be the last time when I come back to ever see daylight. Michael touched my hand and he looked at me.

"Just try to relax, I don't need you too scared. I know he scares you. Julius is a horse and he runs like a jackass with his head down." He said.

I couldn't help but laugh that time. And Julius do look like he runs like that with his head down. He said that it was something he did when he was a kid. Nowadays, he barely run because everyone knew that he did that.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to buss out like that. It was just funny when you said it. It's been so long since I laughed like that. " I said.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I just hope that I can help you be happy again. You just have to take it slowly. " He said.

" I um- wanted to thank you Michael, this means a lot to me. I'm just glad that there is a plan but it's just Julius has made a mockery out of me so fucking long that it's like he has a hold on me. If he calls what do I do? " I asked him.

"Your very welcome. I'm so glad to have met you. When he calls, it could be just like any other conversation. Tell him that everything is going great and your working." He said.

"Okay. You might be right." I said.

_________

Four Hours Later..

I was upstairs taking a shower when the door opened and closed. The bathroom door opened and I seen through the shower door that Julius came in to use the bathroom. I cut the water off and grabbed my towel. Walking out, I meet up beside him while he washed his hands.

"Hey babe." He said."I'm sorry for how I have been treating you but it's just that everything has been stressing me out and I have been taking my stress out on you. I don't like being disrespected and you know that." He said.

"I will try my best not to stress you out." I said as I walked away and went inside the closet. He comes up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and I jumped.

"You still love me right baby?" He asked.

"I still love you Julius. It's just that I don't know how to love you the way I used to.. because you hurt me." I said.

Warm tears fell down my face as I looked at my husband. His face was holding with a worried look. " Baby I am sorry. I'll try not to hurt you like that again. I promise you. " He said as he planted a kiss on my cheek and gave me a hug.

I didn't feel the love no more, I fell numb to the fact that he has done this multiple times already. And I am not fucking happy. He gave me another kiss on the cheek and then walked out the door.

I finished getting dressed and all the while, I hear Julius loud mouth from all the way up here. I walked down the stairs and Julius was already on the phone. While I looked for Michael he was in the living room, drinking a corona and then he wink at me. I turned back to Julius who walked up to me after a few minutes and he handed his phone.

"Somebody calling for you from Indiana for a housing deal.. I won't be joining because I got to work so, you can go shit.. make that money." He said.

As I took the phone, I heard the sweetest voice.

"Hello, I am calling to reach Kayla?" The voice said.

"This is she, speaking. How can I help you?" I said.

"My name is Katherine and I am looking to close a housing deal here in Indiana, I was wondering if you could help me, I heard you are the best!" She said.

I cut my eyes quickly at Michael and looked back as the woman spoke.

"Well I wouldn't say all of that but yes I can help you. When would be the best time to come?" I asked.

"Well.. can you leave as soon as possible. I needed a few altercations done to the home as well?" She said.

"Well of course! I can leave tonight and be there tomorrow." I said.

"Okay, great see you soon!" She said and hung up.

I handed the phone back to Julius. " So I guess I'll have some of my friends over babe. Michael has to go and see his mother. But I love my baby and.. I trust her." He said.

"Man get over here and have a drink with me.. Damn!" Michael said laughing.

"I'm coming nigga!" He said as he walked over to the living room and I went on cooking dinner.

A sense of relief flushed over me but at the same time that sly slick, happiness he kept trying to pull wasn't helping the case. I have to worry about the aftermath.. and that's what is about to worry me.

End of Chapter ❤️
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below..❤️❤️
Miss Darraina ❤️