Sympathy Saddness

I woke up, only to squint at the bright lights towering over my head. My blurry eyes cleared as I see Bre sitting next to me.

"B-Bre.. what happened?" I said almost trying to sit up. "Hold on be easy.. you passed out at the office." She said.

"Wait has anyone been here? How long have I been out?" I asked.

"You been out for five hours.. it's almost dark out." She said looking at me.

"Oh my God.. Julius..!!" I yelled. She stood up and held on to my face.

"Julius is not here.. Kayla. He hasn't stepped foot in here.. fuck him.. he's the cause of this." She said, "Just relax. Shit.!" She said.

I laid back down and closed my eyes. Bre came beside me and grabbed my hand. "Look, I am going to run out for a second.. I got to pick up Cameron and I'll be right back. Okay? Don't worry about Julius... Fuck him." She said before walking out the door.

I laid down and tried to relax. But I couldn't I knew that I had to try and keep calm but I was scared to.

Michael

As soon as I get to the waiting room, I had to talk to the receptionist. She was a natural blonde who was typing on the computer. She sees me and she smiled widely...

"Hi can I help you sir?" She asked. She slides her arms under her chest trying to push up her breasts while talking to me.

"I need to know which room is Kayla Garner in?" I said. She looks down at her computer and then someone taps me on my shoulder.

"Excuse me.. I'm sorry but did you say, Kayla?" The woman asked. She was pretty short, brown skin and she was kinda a slim average but what the surprise was that she knew Kayla.

"Yes.. I am Michael. A friend of Julius. I- well Julius sent me here." I said.

"Oh yeah? She was telling me about you today before she--" she stops and she covers her face. She wipes her eyes from the tears that started to stream down her face.

"Is she okay?" I asked her. She wipes her eyes again trying to control her tears and she nods her head.

"Yeah she's okay for now but she's not okay. And if your the same guy she is talking about.. I feel like she's not safe to be alone. I have known her for a long time.. and this is about the worst state I have seen her in. And she never had panic attacks." She said.

"She had on the other night. I didn't think she had them either. How long has this been going on um-" I said.

She hold her hand out, "I'm sorry.. I'm Bre, her friend and coworker." She said. "Its been going on for the longest but I could never convince her to get a divorce or a restraining order. I love her but she's too scared. And I know where her room is.. I'll show you myself.. only if you promise me something." She said as she grabs my wrist.

"What is that?" I asked looking back and forth from my wrist to her face.

"Please keep my friend safe.. watch over her for me please.. she's my best friend! And she needs someone who can be close to her besides Julius. I think he's going to kill her Michael.. And if she dies, I am going to kill Julius my fucking self. He doesn't love her and persuading her is impossible." She said.

"I swear on my life.. that's not going to happen again." I spoke. "She's not going to die." I said.

"Again? Has this happened before?" She asked.

"Sadly yes.. back in College but Kayla doesn't know that though. I wanted to tell her but I will have to get her alone and out of that house." I said.

She let's go and walks to the desk. "Honey check him in please to Kayla Garner's room. I'll get him there myself." She says.

The receptionist gives me a wrist band with Kayla's name written on and we walk to her room.

Kayla

I had just dozed off when the door opened. I was scared to even turn to look. I stayed laying on my side until I felt some warm hands touch mine.

"Kayla?"

My eyes shot open as wide as I could open them. Michael was standing beside me and the tears just flowed out my eyes like a waterfall. His takes his hand and gently wipes my eyes. He rubbed his hand against my cheeks to keep me calm.

"Michael.. I'm sorry.. I just don't know what happened?" I said.

"Kayla, you don't have to apologize for anything. I know you are expecting Julius but he's not coming." He said. I looked at his eyes and how sad they looked.

"Bre told me he wasn't. She said they called him three times before he picked up." I said.

"He called my phone asking me to come here because he had to work. But Kayla I don't want to get you upset. What did the doctor say?" He asked.

"Syncope.. a panic attack and loss of consciousness. The last thing I remember was telling Bre what happened Saturday night at the house." I said.

"Kayla, im just going to stay right here until your cleared but I'm not taking you straight to the house once we leave." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked looking at him. I didn't want to feel to edgy because I didn't want to go but maybe going with him could be good. I'm just scared of Julius so bad. I started to breathe a little heavier but Michael had relaxed me yet again.

"Kayla, slow breaths, I'm not telling him anything and I will protect you.. I promise." He said.

He stayed with me not taking his eyes off mine until his phone rung. He gets up and walked out the room door.

Michael

Julius was calling but I had to leave Kayla so that I couldn't get her upset. I slipped out the room and answered the phone.

"Hello." I said angrily.

"Hey my bro.. Where you at?' He asked sounding wild. I wondered was he drinking...

"I'm at the hospital with Kayla. I don't know how long she's going to be staying but I'm here." I said.

"*He burps* Yeah I told you that she was a big girl  but look there's a game tonight.. on the tv.. meet me to the house man..I'll be there in about two hours, haven't got off yet." He said.

"Well aren't you going to ask how Kayla is??" I asked him.

"Man, I know she good.. look if you cant come.. I'll hit the bar with a few friends from here at work." He said.

"I'll be here until they release her. She doesn't need to run her blood pressure up.. but look I got to go.." I said as I hung up.

I didn't have shit else to say to him. I couldn't believe that he had the audacity to not worry about her. I paced back and forth by her room door to calm myself down. I personally want to fuck him up. Best friend or not.

After five more minutes, I walked back into the room. I placed my chair, where Kayla could see me and I caressed her forehead. "Everything okay?" She asked.

"When you get cleared from this place.. it will be." I said.

End of the Chapter..
Vote and Comment loves..❤❤