Sensitivity 😥

Michael

I sit here in the kitchen, picking up the chicken with the fork and placing it back down. Julius groggily walks upstairs after Kayla gets home. After I heard the door slam shut, I walked by the stairs and yeah.. they were arguing.

"Don't you dare touch me..! You had no right to do that to me." She says.

"And like I said earlier you should have answered my phone calls." He says.

Not even five minutes, I heard loud thud and him hollering.

"Don't you dare not fucking look at me when I'm talking to you bitch! I dare you!" He said.

"Just leave me be please.. haven't you done enough already?" She says.

"Clearly not enough.." He said... "Not fucking enough."

I'm nearly about to jump out my skin. But then I heard the door open and close. I walked back into the kitchen and played with my food yet again. Then I hear small crying from where the other sitting area was. Kayla was trying to muffle the sound of her crying and I walked up to her. Gently touching her arm, I pulled her close in my chest for a warm hug. I rubbed her back and rocked her from side to side. With my chin rested on her head, I didn't say much.

"I don't know what to do anymore." She said as she let's go and heads into the kitchen. I followed behind her.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He's passed the fuck out on the bed. After he pushed me down." She said wiping her eyes. She goes to the fridge, I reached up to the microwave and warmed up her plate. She pours glass of wine into a glass and sits on the barstool.

"So, here's your plate. I did cook.. I had to hurry up because Julius ass was eating like a fucking dog." I said as I handed her the plate. I sat across from her and just looked at her. The pain in her eyes, the bruise on her lip, the markings going across her neck all said help. Something that I want to do so bad.

"This looks great, Michael. Thank you!" She said but she never touched it. It was like she was scared to touch anything.

"Kayla. You have to eat something." I said. But she looked like she was sick on the stomach because she ran through the hallway and stopped in the bathroom. She threw up three good times. I grabbed some tissue and handed it to her.

"I don't think I can eat, my stomach is too upset." She said.

"Kayla. Does this sickness have to do with the painting?" I asked.

She looks at me uneasy and shook her no. She gets up holding the wall and she squinted her eyes.

"Michael just promise me that as long as your here, you will keep my mind sane before I go insane." She asked.

"Why would you go insane Kayla? Did something happen at the house tonight?" I asked her.

She swallowed real hard and looked at me. She took a few deep breaths only seconds apart before she started to panic. She wanted to tell me but she couldn't breathe.

"Hold on. Kayla..! Look at me, looked at me. Breathe.. breathe." I said quickly holding on to her body. Then before I knew it, I picked her up and walked quickly to the back door. I got her outside to sit on one of the lounge chairs. I grabbed her hands and they were cold as ice.