What Hurts the Most💥

Kayla

Later that day..

I was in my home office getting some housing designs together, while Michael sat in the kitchen doing his work. I cannot believe that I was knocked unconscious. This is not even half of the shit.. I just hope that Michael don't tell Julius, I can't take it.

The aches in my face and the throbbing pain in my stomach is causing me to keep pausing, just to rub each area. I was typing up some updated brochures when I decided to take a quick break, I had to take something else for pain. I walked into the kitchen and Michael was rubbing his temples, his eyes were still pink from earlier. He told me that he got emotional for awhile but why for me?

"Hey, um, you okay?" I asked. His head shoots up and the strain in his face said it all.

"Yeah, they are breaking down everything by the month, so the main building won't be ready for awhile. How about you?" He asked.

I blinked a few times because I wasn't so use to having someone as far as a male, to ask if I was okay.

"I'm still aching a little but I just had to take a break from that laptop. I'm trying to figure out how to word my brochure so it won't confuse anyone. Then I have a few houses I have to touch up later." I said looking down.

"Kayla. I'm going to be honest with you. I still don't like the idea that he's beating on you. And I only figured out it was something because a job that your working.. building, remodeling, selling houses.. your not sleeping like that.." He said.

I swallowed and was going to speak but he gets out of his chair and walked up to me. It wasn't long before his hand traveled under my chin and he lifted my face.

"And everytime you look down, its showing your pain and hurt. It didn't surprise me of his devilish way of sarcasm last night. If he really meant what he said, he shouldn't have left you at all last night at least without telling you where he was going." He said.

Looking into his deep brown eyes, I touched his hand that was on my face. The attraction was there immediately and If I only felt this was with Julius, I wouldn't have to be worrying about another man's touch. But I guess this is my reality.

"Michael. Thank you again. I just don't understand what I am doing wrong.. I cater to him but he makes me feel like it's never enough.. and when he leaves for work. I'm at peace for awhile but I don't feel like I'm safe." I said to him.

"You not doing anything wrong, just from yesterday, when I first met you, I had just seen Julius. And I saw your picture on his desk but it was how it sat on his desk." He started as he left go and softly grabbed my hand.

"There's always a way to show your wife, that type of love. And if I am correct, you paid and furnished this house right?" He asked.

"Yes." I said as I bobbed my head up and down.

"And you make six figures.. alone?" He asked. His eyes never left mine when he asked and I didn't hesitate on not telling him.

"Yes, I do it all.. even down to the bills and everything else in between. He doesn't pay for anything, not even his car note." I said.

He nodded his head and walked to the fridge. He reaches in there and grabs the orange juice. He grabs two glasses and fills them up. He walks back to me and hands me a glass.