Break Away

Omniscient

After staying with Michael at the room in Gary. Katherine fed Kayla with what she needed to know. By then Kayla realizes that all laws of marriage and divorce, family traditions are ment to be broken. In her mind she faces picturing herself ina casket from her husband, then him either behind bars or moving on to another bitch. Her mind was fulfilled as the time went passed.

She struggled the understatement of divorce and she decided that once she got home, she must leave.

The plane ride was fairly silent because now the time has came, for her to face the fact that her mental, physical and emotional state was at risk. She knew that If she didn't succeed in what she needed she would fall miserably as a woman. Michael comforted her as much as he could as the hours passed. He really fell for her in a manner that was in some people's minds, disrespectful but in the most honest way. He couldn't help himself and he was right. He didn't want to take advantage of Kayla's vulnerability because at the end of the day, Michael was vulnerable too. He couldn't take that risk knowingly or how Kayla's mind was fill with destruction of her husband which was his best friend.

Was in past tense because now, Julius wasn't a friend of Michael's. Old habits does hard and that's what made this worst. This wasn't just a college student.. this was a mature, married woman who deserved better just like every woman who has ever been in a abusive relationship and Michael knew this. If his mother went through the same thing, then he knew that Kayla had to do what was right for her.

Three Hours Later

Even the drive was quiet, Michael ended up getting a business call and he had to make a run. He sits with Kayla only for a good ten minutes after the pull up to the house.

"Kayla, I'll come back for you. I need you to call me, not text but call me when you have your things packed." He said as he touched her ever shaking hands.

She looks down, taking a much needed breath, "I will call you. I wanted to thank you for it all, I just have to move on from him now that I know everything was fake." She said. Looking deep in each others eyes, the sparkle never leaves as they lean in for a passionate kiss, something that Kayla missed most about her use to be, loving husband.

The nights moon rises and Kayla kissed Michael one more time before getting out. She grabbed her purse and her duffle bag. She walked up to the door, grabbing her key from her pocket book and unlocks the door. It was too silent inside the house and from the looks of it, Julius wasn't home she thought.

She placed her keys in her pocket and walked inside the kitchen. She grabbed a small glass and poured a shot of whiskey. She didn't drink but on occasions but tonight she needed it. She looked at her watch, 10:18pm. She had to be fast if she wanted to leave. With her heart beating louder as she runs upstairs, she grabbed her big Gucci suitcase and began packing up everything she needed.

She goes back downstairs with her bag when there was a click at the door. Her breathing stumbles as the man she hated the most was standing before her. Her hands starts to shake as she finished a text, telling Michael that she was ready.

He stands there, blood shot red eyes and dried white substance on his nose. "You thought that you could sleep with my best friend huh?" He asked.

"I never slept with anyone, what are you talking about." She said. Julius steps closer towards the counter as Kayla steps back. "I know you slept with him because you haven't been fucking with me.. so what you mean by "You never slept with anyone.. Explain bitch!!" He yelled.

"Julius.. I am leaving you." She said with her head down, the tears started to fall as she spoke.

" You said what?" He said walking around there counter. " I'm leaving you.. I want a divorce." She said.