Chapter Two

It had only felt like seconds since my body collapsed onto the floor of the forest, but I knew that couldn't possibly be true. I could tell, even before opening my eyes that I was somewhere else entirely. I couldn't feel my wolf, even at the back of my mind, I could feel my human form had been dragged to the surface. I could no longer smell the forest, instead that smell was replaced with iron, blood, and sweat.

My eyes cautiously opened, I had to blink a few times before they adjusted properly to the dim lighting. Looking around I could see I was in some reinforced cell, solid metal walls surrounded me. I was slumped in a metal chair, still feeling weak. Craining my head down i could see that I was now wearing some clothes I'd had stashed in my rucksack, but my sack was no where to be seen. I could still feel where the needle had pricked at my neck they'd drugged me, forced my wolf down and to force me to turn, it must have been wolvesbane in that syringe to have a lasting effect like that.

A buzz filled the room before a deadbolt clicked from the door in front of me. The door rolled open smoothly to reveal a man standing in the shadows. He took a step into the room and into the light to reveal he was the one from the woods, the jet black wolf, the one who'd drugged me. The door rolled closed behind him and the deadbolt clicked shut, the sound echoed through the room seeming to mock me of my fate. "Are you in more of a talking mood, rogue?"

I narrowed my eyes at him as he grew closer to me. Eventually I had to tilt my head up at him in order to see his face. I spat directly up onto his cheek.

The man growled, authority wafting off him and he wiped away my saliva from his face. His hand reached behind my head and pulled my hair backwards till I was hissing with pain. "Tell me who you are, little wolf." He snickered, seeming somewhat amused with himself.

I growled up at him. I wouldn't tell him anything, he's going to kill me anyways, so why bother delaying that when he can just kill me now.

His hand released my hair from his grip he straightened his posture and walked a circle around me. "I just want to know who you are, why you were near my boarders?" So he was the Alpha, pompous jackass Alpha.

I smiled up at him, my mouth staying closed.

Something flashed across his face and he sighed. "Not in the mood to talk then?"

I tilted my head at him, trying to get a read off him. Why was he doing this? Why not just kill me where I was in the forest? Why waste the effort to drag me out to God knows where if he's just going to kill me anyways? Why drag it out?

"Who. Are. You?" He tried again.

"Go. Suck. A. Dick." I counted with a snort.

The Alpha growled at me. Before crouching in front of me. "Little wolf, just tell me. There's no point in hiding it, you'll tell me eventually anyways."

I snorted in retort which earned me another growl from the pompous ass.

His hands rested on my knees as he remained crouched in front of me, I could feel tingles from where he was touching me.

I met his gaze with mine in confusion. Leaning back in the chair I pushed my legs out in front of me with all my might as I pushed the Alpha away from me as well as sending myself and the chair toppling to the ground. "Get away from me." I hissed. He must have also given me a hullusinagenic, because what I was feeling now couldn't possibly be real. This couldn't be real. I scrambled backwards, leaving the chair behind as I tried to put more distance between us. My back was greeted with an iron wall which was cool even through the clothes I had on.

Pulling himself to his feet, the Alpha wore a disapproving look on his face. "Rogue's." He muttered and shook his head. "Why are you being so damn difficult?"

"Just fucking kill me now, get it over with why don't you." I knew it was petty to beg, death would be a mercy to me. "Just fucking kill me already!" I screamed at him.

"Kill you?" He looked a taken back at my words. "Why would I kill you, little wolf?" His feet moved slowly towards me, slowly and cautiously.

I pulled myself to my feet. "Well let me go then if you won't kill me."

A laugh rippled from his chest. "There is no way you're leaving here, ever." His head cocked to one side as a small smile tugged at his lips. "Do you not know who I am? Surely you should have felt it by now." He closed the distance between us in a second, the full weight of his body had me pinned against the wall. One of his hands rested on the wall beside my face while the other caressed my cheek, sparks erupting where his skin had met mine. "Little mate." He whispered, his face mere inches from mine.

"No! Get your filthy paws off me!" My hands were flat against his chest as I push him away from me.

Stumbling back, the Alpha growled at me, the look on his face seemed completely stunned. "What do you mean no? You are my mate. Mine!" His lilac eyes met mine once more, the anger was slowly starting to pass and now his eyes seemed to plead with me. "Little wolf, please tell me your name."

"No." I snarled at him. "You're a lying scum bag, you're not my Alpha, I will never listen to you."

He shook his head and turned on his heel as he headed for the door. Banging on the door with his fist, it opened seconds later. He went to step out but looked back at me instead. "Come with me, little wolf." He commanded.

I folded my arms over my chest and stuck my chin out with stubbornness. "No."

"Please." His voice was soft now, a softness I'd not heard in someone's voice since... doesn't matter. But the sound of that softness in his voice made something pang inside me.

Reluctantly I stepped forward and followed after him at a distance.

The Alpha had lead me through a series of dark halls, past several doors which seemed to lead to similar cells to mine. And soon enough we were coming out of the basement doors into a large field that was next to the forest. He kept walking until we were at the tree line, that was when he turned to me for the first time since we'd left my cell.

"If you don't want to be here, if you don't want me, then leave. Run. Be a rogue." His voice was soft as he spoke, but his words cut like glass.

I never wanted to be here. I never wanted to meet him. I never wanted a mate. "Where's my bag."

A sigh escaped his lips. "I- I don't know." He muttered as he raked a hand over his face. "I'll go look for it." Sadness filled his face.

I shook my head. "Don't bother." I said and walked into the forest, leaving the Alpha behind me. Why was he letting me go so easily? Rogue's always get killed when they get caught, so why was I the exception? I stopped in my tracks and turned back to look at the Alpha. "Why didn't you kill me?"

"You're my mate, and as much as I hate Rogue's, I could never kill my mate." He paused as his feet slowly carried him towards me until he was less than a meter from me. "Little wolf, I brought you here, to stay. You're the one choosing to leave, but you don't have to." He reached his hand up towards my face and I pulled away from him instinctively. Sighing, he dropped his hand back down to his side. His head raised as his eyes scanned the sky. "Its getting late, at least let me give you somewhere safe for the night, some food too, then you can leave if you still want to in the morning."

He was right, the sun was already past setting and the sky was turning a dark blue. Reluctantly I nodded. Each day my only goal was to find safe shelter for each night, and I hadn't eaten in days so I was beyond starving.

He reached out his hand for mine. "I'm Michael."