Chapter Twelve

Once showered I rummage through Michael's drawers for something to wear, holding the towel tightly against my body.

"What did you mean?" A quiet voice  comes from behind me.

I spin around and the grip on my towel tightens. Michael stands in the doorway of the bedroom with bewildered hair as if he'd been pulling at it. "What are you talking about?" My eye brows knit together

"In there." His arm flies up as he points to the right. "What did you mean, when you said it wasn't a tactic?"

An O forms on my mouth as I realize he was talking about our kiss in the training room. "Exactly that. I didn't kiss you to win, though good to know it'll work for next time."

"I... you..." He trails off and his hands rake over his face. "I thought you weren't ready?" He asks quietly.

I shrug. "So did I, but I couldn't exactly resist myself now could I." I say gesturing to him, implying I found him incredibly attractive. I wanted to devour him here and now.

A small cocky smile tugged at his lips before his face dropped into his stone cold unreadable look. He took fast long strides over to me before catching my face up in his hands and smashed his lips into mine. He pushed his body against mine to walk me backwards until I was flat against his dresser and his body. Michael's lips ate away at me hungrily, occasionally nipping at my bottom lip to try get entrance, which I eventually gave into.

I placed on hand against his chest and pulled out of the kiss reluctantly. "I just want to make one thing clear." I said, out of breath from our very heated moment. "I'm not ready for everything right now, like the kissing is great, but..."

Michael's thumb dragged against my bottom lip. "I know, that's perfectly fine by me. You're still in charge when it comes to how intimate we get." His eyes were watching me hungrily.

I nodded and pulled him back into the kiss, needing the euphoria feeling I got from even this little passionate moment. As I leaned into Michael more, I couldn't help the small little moan that escaped my lips.

Michael pulled out of the kiss and a growl escaped his chest seconds before a knock came to the very open bedroom door. He turned around in his place, standing directly in front of me to shield me from the eyes of whom even has just come by. "What is it?" Michael spoke through gritted teeth and a locked jaw.

"Sorry, Alpha, but some of the other pack members are voicing their concerns over... particular matters." Branson's familiar voice spoke softly. Why did he always have to catch us at the most intimate times? "I just wanted to know if you wanted to be the one to address their concerns?"

The Alpha let out a low growl, his hand reached behind him and took a strong hold of mine. His other hand raked over his face and he let out a deep breath. "You're more than capable are you not? You're my Beta, Branson, they will listen to you just fine."

"Yes Alpha, sorry for the intrusion." He pauses briefly. "Hello again, Amelia." Branson calls out softly.

I wanted to wave to him but with one hand on my towel and my other firmly stuck in Michael's grasp, I've run out of hands. I settle for poking my head out next to Michael's arm. "Yup, hi." I feel myself blushing at the fact the Alpha's Beta has now caught us twice, and this time I'm much more naked.

Alpha Michael lets out a growl as he pushes me back behind him. "Shut the door on your way out Branson." A second later the door clicks shut and Michael releases a breath, he visibly seems to relax a bit more. Letting go of his hand he turns to me. "Now." He reaches up and tucks a strand of wet hair behind my ear. "Where were we?"