Chapter Six

As I run though the pack grounds, I see pack members turning their heads to stare at me. I'm sure they can smell my rouge scent. Some of them seem angry as they look at me, and are prepared in battle stances incase I were to try something, do they not realize that not all rouges are the same. Not all of us band together to take down packs, we don't plot and plan to do evil things, and we certainly are not crazed rabies filled wolves who can't control ourselves. We're mostly all civil, we just prefer to be alone. And besides, not all of us rouges got the choice of being rouges. So I couldn't help but to laugh at them acting as if I were some enemy here to fill them all with rabies.

I decide to shift mid run, not even bothering to stop to take off my clothes- I just let them get torn to shreds in the transformation-, I had felt my wolf come back to me a few hours ago as the last of the wolfsbane had finally worn off. Though my transformation in the middle of pack grounds seemed to throw people more on edge than minutes ago, as they all looked like they were preparing to charge at me. I mean, hello, can't you see I'm trying to flea over here, not attack your sorry asses. Not that I couldn't easily take them all down, they just weren't worth my time and effort. Plus I had more pressing matters of getting the hell away from this pack as fast as unhumanly possible.

I had cleared the rest of the pack grounds in half the time it would have taken me on my human feet. I was now diving into the forest, the opposite side to where I'd been dragged in from in order to make sure I wasn't back tracking my steps. 

Running like this after only a day had my wolf in glee that she was able to get out and stretch her legs again, she hasn't been out of control for so long in many years. Though I guess it had been nice to spend more time in my human form than I normally do, though I was a bit wobbly on my feet to start off with seeing as I hadn't used my human feet in almost three months. 

My wolfs nose picked up a familiar scent which dragged me back into the present, I could hear someone running behind me- coming towards me at full speed. Seconds later his wolf leapt over me and blocked my path. Well if it isn't Sir mighty jackass.  He was snarling at me, barking and growling.

I growled right back at him, he needs to get out of my way right the fuck now. My wolf started howling.

Alpha dickhead changed back into his human form. "Change!" He yelled at me in Alpha tone.

Haha not today Satan, your tone doesn't work on me. Thank you very much. I growled at him.

"Change, little wolf!" He growled back, his teeth clenched. His lilac eyes were no where to be seen but instead his eyes were completely black telling me that his wolf was in full control. "Change!" He commanded again.

I shifted back down, with no intention of staying in my human form for very long. "You need to get the fuck out of my way." I screamed at him. "Go back to your fucking pack and stay fucking put!"

A growl escaped his chest as he advanced on me. "I told you not to use such language with me."

"I can do whatever the fuck I like. I do not belong to you, I am not your possession. You cannot control me, no matter how much you try to use your Alpha tone on me it will not work." I breathed out with rage coursing through my veins. "Now, get the fuck out of my way before it's too late."

"No." His wolf grabbed my arm and started to pull me in the direction of his pack. "You're not leaving."

I yanked my hand out of his grasp. "Don't fucking touch me you fucking asshole!"

"Don't test me right now little wolf!" He growled at me, taking back his hold on me.

Once again I pulled free, and by now I was completely livid, with the force I'd pulled my arm out of his hand, it was now rebounding back towards him and before I knew it my palm was greeting his cheek with a loud slap. Instantly regretting my decisions I pull away taking several steps back and shaking my head. "I.. I'm sorry... I.." I trailed off. What had come over me? I never hurt people unless absolutely necessary, and this didn't seem like a moment where a slap was necessary. Had I really been alone for so long that I do know how to act around people anymore?

"It's ok." His voice was soft now, he clutched his cheek in shock and disbelief as he looked at me. His eyes were now back to lilac, Michael was back in control. "I know you didn't mean it, and if you did then you had every right. My wolf wouldn't have taken no for an answer, he doesn't want you leaving- We don't want you leaving."

"If he won't take no for an answer then you have to, because I'm leaving and you can't stop me." I say sternly. 

Alpha Michael lets out a small sigh as he drops his hand from his face. "You can leave, keep running, but do you really want to spend the rest of your life on the run? Never staying longer than a night in a single place? Wouldn't you like to find somewhere to call home?" Unlike his wolf, Michael is making no attempt to come near me, or to touch me. He knows that it'll just make me angry and I'll end up leaving anyways.

"I don't have to run my whole life, just long enough to out live certain people." I say in a matter of fact way. Only after the words leave my mouth do I comprehend that I've just admitted that I'm running from someone.

A look of concern flashes over his face only briefly before its replaced by his regular stern Alpha look. "Wouldn't you rather fight to get your life back? Because, and I really do mean no offense here, but you seem fully feisty enough to take anyone on in a fight with that attitude of yours."

Fight? I'd actually never thought of fighting, it was never really an option. It was just run or be killed. But maybe, just maybe, I could fight him. It's either run for the next six decades or fight now and maybe gain back my freedom. Could it actually be possible though? "I'm not so sure about that." I say finally.

"I can train you, I can protect you and help you. I know you like your independence, that much is clear, but I can help you to gain back all of your independence so that you can choose for yourself where you want to spend your life." For the first time since gaining full control again, Michael takes a step towards me, his hand raises slowly to brush against my cheek softly. "Stay, little wolf."

I wanted to say yes, my wolf was screaming at me to take his help and stay here with him. But if he knew why I was on the run, he wouldn't want to help me. He would cast me away and reject me. If he knew, he wouldn't look at me with those soft caring eyes. If he knew, he would hate me. "I can't." I whisper. "I'm sorry I have to go."

"Please." His hand grabbed at my arm to stop me from leaving, though is grip wasn't tight so he wasn't trying to force me to stay. He was pleading with me, he wanted me to stay. He wants me. For the first time someone actually wanted me, despite knowing I'm on the run for something and from someone. My mate wants me.

If he never found out, then he wouldn't hate me. The I guess I'm just going to have to make sure he never finds out. 

"Ok." I say after several minutes passed. "I'll stay."