Chapter Sixteen

"Keep your guard up."  Michael instructs me as he stands in front of me in the training room. His hands are up on guard to protect his face. "Mirror me, little wolf." He says after a minute when I still haven't put my guard up.

I roll my eyes at Michael as I lazily put my guard up. "Why do we have to keep doing this, it's been hours Michael. Please, I know I was wrong in drinking and trust me it will never happen again because I really don't want to feel this way again."

Michael took a few jabs at my guard, bouncing on his toes with each movement he made. "I'm not punishing you Amelia, I'm trying to make sure you don't get yourself killed."

I dropped my guard and stepped away from him. "I know how to fight Michael."

"I know you do." He says softly as he drops his own guard and closes the distance between us, holding me close to him with his hands on my hips. "You're offense is great, but your defense needs work."

I lean my forehead against his chest. "I'm really not in the mood right now, I'm tired and sore. And it feels a great deal like a punishment to me."

"Amelia, look at me please." Though he doesn't pose it as a question, his command comes out nicer than usual. After a few seconds of me staying still against him, Michael reaches his index finger under my chin to guide it upwards to look at him. "One more hour, and then you can go back to bed and I'll make you some food that will make you feel better. But I really do need you to give it your actual best. We would have finished by now if you had have listened to me about your guard."

I sigh. "Fine, one hour and then I'm done." I narrow my eyes at him. "It better be the best fucking food ever."

Michael plants a small kiss on my lips before pulling away from me entirely to put up his guard. I mirror his hands and hold up my guard just like him. "Your guard is what is most important when fighting human form, your face and neck can be the most circuital points when hit correctly and with enough force." He tells me. "So even when you are using one of your hands to attack, your other hand needs to always stay up to defend attacks from your opponent." He jabs out twice with his left hand and his right fist stays in level with his mouth while the side of his forearm stays in front of his neck. "Do you see?"

I give a small nod.

"Good." The Alpha smiles at me. "Now, with your defense staying in place, attack me."

My pleasure, I smirk at him. Keeping my fists up to guard my face and neck, I advance on him. I fake a upper cut with my right hand, and while he's distracted with blocking that attack I quickly pull back my right hand back to guard while I go in for an undercut with my left hand to his guts.

Michael doubles over and gives out a cough, though he recovers in seconds and it coming at me fast with his fists. We keep fighting for an hour as planned, each of us getting in as many hits at the other.

Once the hour is up, and not a second more, I stop and walk out the room without another word to Michael, I'm to tired and far too hungover to fight him any longer. I did what I had to do and now I'm off to die- all because I tried vodka.

I hear Alpha douche chuckling as he trails after me. Only when we're back in his room does he grab a hold of me and spin me around to face him. He gives me a peck on the cheek. "Good work today, little wolf. Go have a nice long hot bath, you've earned it. And by the time you get out I'll have food ready for you."

And that's exactly what I do, a nice long hot bath. I did doze off a few times for a few minutes at a time, but hey can you blame me? Four hours of fight training while hungover for the very first time, all while trying to ignore how handsome Michael was looking today.