Chapter Nineteen

I sat in the bay window seat of Michael's room, my eyes were cast over towards the forest as I watched the day turning into night with the setting sun. From the corner of my eye I could see Michael getting closer to me, a second later his hand rested on one of my knees that I held close to my chest, sparks erupted through my skin where his met mine. I leaned forward slightly and rest my chin on the top of his hand as I continued looking out the window. 

"What's on your mind little wolf?" His words were soft as he spoke, telling me that he genuinely wanted to know.

I shook my head slowly, feeling my chin moving against the bones in his hand. "Nothing really." I say quietly.

"Little wolf." Michael now spoke in a warning tone. "Don't lie to me, I can tell when you're lying remember." His hand lifted from my knee, bringing my chin upwards, his hand flips over carefully and cupped my chin. "Talk to me, Amelia."

I let out a sigh and close my eyes. "I was just thinking about how this is all going to end." I confess quietly.

"Why do you think this is going to end? You're not taking Erika seriously are you?" He lets out a small growl.

I shake my head. "Just don't worry about it, I shouldn't have said anything." My eyes open and my head turns back to look out the window.

Michael's hands pick me up slightly and shift me closer to the window before he sits next to me and pulls me to lean my back against him. "Tell me, please, why you think this is going to end. I'm not going anywhere, I hope you know that."

"But I am." I say under my breath hoping it was quiet enough that he hadn't heard me, but at the way his arms tightened around me told me he had heard me. "You don't really know me Michael, you don't know who I am or what I've done. If you did then you wouldn't like me and you would definitely throw me out.

A small growl came next to my ear. "I would never reject you Amelia, there is nothing that you could have done to ever make me do that to you." He pauses and one of his palms presses against my chest above my heart. "You can tell me anything and it wouldn't make me love you any less. You don't have to tell me now, or ever if you don't really want to, but what ever it is I'll always be here where you're ready to talk about it."

I nod, thankful that he was dropping it. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against his chest. He loves me? How do I know what it is that I feel for him? What does love mean? How do I know if I love him or not?

"You keep watching the forest line, every time you can you're watching that forest. Even when you think people aren't watching you, or you think they wouldn't notice. You're waiting aren't you, for who ever it is to find you." His arms tightened around me protectively. "You're safe here Amelia, and the day will come when you have to face your past, but you will win. And I know this to be true because you are my mate, you are fierce and determined, you are stubborn even at the best of times. I believe in you Amelia." Michael whispers the last part into my ear.

I open my eyes to see the last part of the sun disappearing behind the top of the forest. Every second that passes, darkness creeps in to fill the space surrounding the pack house. "Can we go for a walk?" I ask Michael quietly. 

"Of course, little wolf." The warmth from Michael's body soon leaves mine as he stands up from the window seat. His hands then help me up and his warmth fills me again. "Go grab a coat please, it's old out and you're still too much underweight." I can hear the concern in his voice. 

I have been slowly putting on weight while I've been here, but he is correct in the fact I'm still much smaller than a healthy wolf. I walk over to the closet where I pull out a thick parka that reminds me of a duvet blanket. I pull the jacket on along with a pair of sneakers. 

I turn back to Michael to see a smile on his face. He walks over to me, his fists ball in the collar of my coat and he draws me against him. The Alpha's lips meet mine in a soft kiss that only lasts a few seconds before he pulls away. "You're so beautiful." He smiles as he laces his fingers through mine and leads me from the room.

We walk in a comfortable silence through the pack grounds, we had walked towards all the other pack buildings. We were walking down a cobblestone path that was lined with houses and small stores. Barely anyone was out and about at this time of the evening as most people were inside having dinner, but anyone who passed us by had bowed their heads to their Alpha and then looked away very quickly. 

"Amelia." Michael's voice spoke softly as we walked. It had been around twenty minutes since either of us had last spoken up in his room.

"Hmm?" I look up at him curiously as we walked. 

He looked conflicted, as if he didn't know weather he should say it or not. "Will you tell me about your family?" He asked quietly.

I could feel tears forming in my eyes at the thought of them. "My parents, they were about the only real family I had." I tell him honestly. "They died when I was very young though, so I only knew them for a short period of time. But they were always so loving. They were strong and wonderful people. Not a day goes by that I don't miss them."

"I'm sorry for your loss." His voice is quiet but genuine. "It's getting late, we should probably..."

I nod as a tear escapes and trickles down my cheek.

Michael comes to a holt and turn to face me completely. His hand leaves mine and instead both his hands raise to cup my face. His thumbs drag gently across my cheeks as he collects my tears which are, now, freefalling. "Shh, it's ok. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you."

I shake my head. "It's fine." I mumble as I try to pull away from him, not liking him seeing me so vulnerable but Michael's grip on me only tightens. I close my eyes to get my emotions under control. After a few minutes I open my eyes to see Michael's worried ones staring right back at me. I give a small smile, telling him I'm ok, but he doesn't seem to buy it. He looks to sad, it's so heartbreaking seeing a face as handsome as his so sad. I stand on my tip toes and snake a hand around the back of his neck, pulling him towards me, our lips crash together.

"What are you..." Michael pulls away slightly shaking his head.

"Just shut up and kiss me." I say only loud enough for him to hear. Seconds later his lips are tangled in mine in a storm of kisses. Michael lifts me up and wraps my legs around his torso as his hands hold the underneath of my upper thighs. I can feel wind against my skin for a brief moment before my back is greeted with the softness of Michael's bed, he must have used his extra Alpha wolf speed to get us back here so fast. His hands are now running up and down my body as he helps me out of my coat, tossing it to the ground carelessly, never breaking away from the kiss. I moan against him as I feel his hands tighten around me. I feels his lips turning up in a smirk against my lips and I can tell he's enjoying my moans for him. I crave his touch, I crave his skin against mine, I crave his mark on my skin... I pull out of the kiss  as I look up at him with uncertainty. "I... I uh..."

Michael shakes his head and lets out a low chuckle. "I know, it's ok." He pauses to give my lips the smallest kiss. "There's really no rush little wolf." He kisses my forehead twice before rolling me onto my side and spooning me.

How did I get so lucky to have Michael as my mate? But will it last? Luka will come for me soon enough, and when he does I am certain he will defeat me. And there isn't a doubt in my mind that he will kill Michael and this entire pack for harboring me. I can't let that happen, I can't lead Michael, nor this pack, to their deaths. There has to be something I can do to prevent it. But how? I am destined to die at Luka's hands, so how can I prevent anyone else getting caught in the cross hairs? The only way that springs to mind would be if I left and was caught no where near pack grounds, and without Michael's scent on me. 

I'll have to wait until everyone is distracted with something else.