Chapter Five

"Did you enjoy that?" Michael asks with a slight chuckle in his voice. 

I nod as I chew my last mouthful, the plate now completely empty from the bacon, french toast, sausages, scrambled eggs, all of which I had drowned in maple syrup. 

"You've got a little-" He trails off as he point to his mouth to indicate where I had somehow left something on the outside of my mouth rather than getting it all in. I grab a napkin off the table and wipe where he had said there was something, only to receive a chuckle from Michael. "May I?" He holds out his hand for the napkin, which reluctantly I give to him as I didn't want to go around like even more of a weirdo because I have food on my face. Alpha Michael leans over the table and drags the cloth around my mouth lightly. "There we are, all better." He smiles as he slowly pulls away from me and drops the napkin onto the table. "See, eating wasn't that bad now was it?" I shake my head. "Now do you think we could do another task?"

My eyebrows raise at him. "What would that be?"

"Tell me your name, little wolf." His voice is strong as he speaks, he's trying to use his Alpha tone on me but it won't work because he is not my Alpha. Though at the same time his eyes are pleading with me.

I shake my head. "You can call me whatever you like." I snark as I slide out of the booth and pull myself to my feet. "Now thank you for your tremendous hospitality," I say with very strong sarcasm. "But I really must be getting on now, places to go and all that shit." With that, I turn on my heel and head for the door.

"Wait!" Alpha douche calls out after me. "You have no where to go, why are  you lying to me?" His voice is soft and quiet. A second later he is grabbing my arm to stop me going any further, he turns me around to face him and lifts my chin with his other hand to force me to look at him. "What are you running from?"

I force a laugh to come out. "And what would make you think that?"

The Alpha's hand trails up my arm until he is cupping my face, his other hand still resting under my chin. "You keep trying to leave, you're getting very antsy about it. I've seen you checking the clocks often. You never stay in one place for longer than a certain period at a time. You're behind on current affairs since you seem to think that I'm still a second teir Alpha in the country, but it hasn't been that way for over a decade since the last top Alpha died. You're running." He paused a brief moment and when he continues his voice is barely loud enough to hear. "What are you running from little wolf? I can help you, I can protect you."

Goosebumps cover my skin. He's getting to me, getting under my skin. There is no possible way he could know any of that for a fact, he's just guessing. "Did you ever just stop to think that I don't want to be here? That I don't want to be around you. That I don't like you." I pull away from him.

"You don't like me?" As he asks this question, I could hear the humor in his voice. "So... what happened this morning, up stairs, that meant nothing to you? Nothing at all?" He takes a step towards me he reached behind me and I can hear the door of the kitchen locking.

I shake my head as I gulp. "Nothing, actually hated it, it was awful." I lied, when in truth I hadn't really been able to stop thinking about our moment up stairs. His hands on my body, holding me against him. His lips on mine in a heated moment. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the mate bond between us, it was pulling me closer to him with every passing second. It was driving me mad to be this close to him and not be able to do anything about it. But the fact still remained that I couldn't stay here, I couldn't risk it. Once I leave, he will be free to move on and find someone more worthy of being at his side. And I will go back to being alone, its how I prefer it.

"So it wasn't arousal I could smell on you earlier?" When I shake my head at him again he uses his body to push me backwards till I'm pinned between the door and his body. "And that's definitely not arousal I can smell on you now?" His voice is low and husky as he whispers, his lips pressed against my ear.

I gulp and shake my head once more. "Nope." I breath out.

His hands grasp at my waist tightly. He drops his head and starts placing small kisses along the base of my neck. "Then tell me to stop." His hot breath hits my neck before resuming the small kisses.

I press my palm flat against his chest. "St.." I'm cut off when a small moan escapes my lips, he's found the spot where his mark on me belongs, and he knows it. My other hand raises and gets tangled in his hair. My breaths are coming out hard and fast now, and I'm barely able to concentrate. 

His kisses are now trailing up my neck until he reaches my jaw, which is when he pulls away from me slightly and looks me in the eyes.  "I'm sorry, what was that? Did you want to say something?"

I shake my head before pulling his face back down to mine and smashing my lips into his. I can feel him smiling against my lips in triumph. I continue to kiss him for a long few minutes before I am able to gather my thoughts again, before reason actually turns back on in my brain. This is just the bond that is making me want to kiss him, making me want to... It's just the bond. It's not real. "Stop." I whisper against his lips before using my palm against his chest to push him away from me.

Alpha douchey pants looks at me stunned, his eyes are wide and his smile is long gone. He tries to take a step towards me again, but I hold up my hand to stop him. His lilac eyes are now heavy with sadness. 

"Don't." I say in a stern voice. "Don't touch me!" I shake my head at how stupid I've been. I allowed him to kiss me twice now, twice I've given in to this stupid mates bond, which is only making it stronger and will only make it harder to leave. How could I have been so stupid, I should have just left when he gave me the choice at the forest line. My eyes dart up to the clock on the wall behind him, it's now mid afternoon and the sun will start setting in a few hours. It's not long, but it still gives me some time to find somewhere new for the night. "I have to get out of here." I whisper, my voice isn't strong enough to say it any louder because I wish it weren't true, I wish I could stay here and give in completely to the bond. I spin around and unlock the kitchen door before taking off down the hall towards the front door of the pack house.

"Hey!" He calls out after me. When I spin around to look at him he's standing near the kitchen door with a completely shocked look on his face. "What about your bag, it seemed to be so important to you yesterday." The way he spoke sounded almost forced, as if he were forcing himself to speak or if he were doing his best not to go completely ape shit.

I shake my head. "Keep it, throw it out, burn it. I don't care. I don't have time." I continue heading for the door when I turn back to him once more. "Goodbye Michael." I say with a sad smile. With that I yank the door open and take off running.