Chapter Thirty

Michael holds my hand as I walk up the steps of the stage setup in front of the pack house. We've spent the past hour mingling around in the crowd of my people, I've been introducing Michael to all the people I'd met when he was busy doing his own work. Michael lets go of my hand as I reach the podium, though he continues to stand at my side with a supportive smile covering his face. 

I smile back at him before turning my full attention to the hundreds of faces staring up at me, waiting. My pack consists of fifteen hundred members- six hundred and fifty women, six hundred men, and two hundred and fifty children. We're the largest pack in the whole American continent. There would have been a time where standing in front of all these people would have scared me, not only the large number of people but also the fact they were the pack I spent so many years running from, but I couldn't be more happy than I am now to be back here. "Hello, and thank you for such a wonderful event you've put together for myself and my mate Alpha Michael." I smile into the crowd, I always have to present Michael with his full title as to make sure no one forgets who he is, but also as a show of respect to Michael himself as he is a very powerful man which needs to be acknowledged. "I have loved spending these past few days here with you, amongst you, and getting to know you all. I have loved being back home finally, and being able to bring my mate home with me is another feeling entirely. You have all been supportive and kind since my return, I am very thankful for that. You are all such wonderful people that I get the privilege of leading." I pause briefly. "I know many of you still remember my father, my mother- your Alpha and Luna before Alpha Luka." A few sneers go around the crowd as I mention Luka's name. "I know of all the sacrifices you have made since I had left you with Luka to be in charge, for that I could never forgive myself and I will spend my life trying to make up to you all for it. These past few years, I can't have imagine have been easy on you and your families. Today I stand before you as your Alpha, with a proposition." I turn my head up to Michael to see his eyes already fixed on me with a sly smile, God damn it, that damn smile. "As you know my mate is also an Alpha, Alpha Michael of the pack of Night. Neither of us want to give up our packs, and both of us seem a little to stubborn to give up our titles." As I say this I feel Michael's hand reaching to hold my lower back, I can tell even without looking at him that he's wearing that stupid smirk. "We have come up with a solution that I'm hoping you'll all be on board with, though in saying that if none of you are happy about it then we won't go ahead with it. Alpha Michael and I would like to merge our two packs into one, we will both retain our Alpha titles, and there will be a few changes that we are yet to work out."

The pack seems to have only positive thoughts about the pack merger I had mentioned, they asked both Michael and I questions- a lot of which we still need to figure out but we assured them we would tell them as soon as anything became decided. 

After everyone seemed to run out of questions we resumed the party as food was being served up. The pack grounds in front of the pack house had been set up with the stage, and several large round tables to seat everyone. 

Michael and I were sharing a table with Alroy, Juno, Larry, Hazel, Marshal, Klara, Mindy, and John John- all lovely people who seemed to all be close friend. Juno and Larry, Hazel and Marshal, Mindy and John John were mated together. Alroy and Klara are yet to meet their mates, but I have no doubts in the Goddess that they'll find them. 

Michael's right hand rested on my left knee that was crossed over my right as we ate, he seemed to always want to remain in some form of contact with me, though he seemed to be happier when it was skin on skin contact- it might have something to do with our conversation before we'd come down to the party. I kept glancing over at him every so often to find his eyes fixed on me, dark and filled with lust as he very carefully watched my every movements. I smiled up at him and gave him a small wink, only to earn a glower in return which made me smile all the more. He was being so patient with me, I knew it was taking all his effort to not storm off with me right now, but he was forced to do this and I'm so very thankful. Though I couldn't help but be curious as to how much he could take before he broke and lost control, I knew moaning was off the table so I'll have to come up with a new way to get under his skin.

The group we were sat with were all in their own conversations, so I didn't need to focus to much on having to reply to anything which I was glad about. I've been having so many conversations this evening and I was starting to feel socially drained, I have no idea how everyone else does it.

Michael's thumb started rubbing small circles on my knee and after a few minutes the circles started trailing up my thigh. My eyes shot down to his hand and pushed it back down to my knee only for him to start all over again. I turned my head up to glare at him only to see his stupid smirk. Michael sent me a wink, he was playing the same game I'd been playing with him- that bastard! I reached my hand over to casually rest on the bulge in his pants, very thankful that the table cloth covered us so that no one could see. Michael tensed up and his hand immediately stopped moving up my leg, his bulge grew even more under my hand. I smirked at him as I pulled back my hand as if it had never been there. Standing up, his hand dropped down suddenly having no where to rest on me, I lent over the table to grab a piece of the juicy garlic bread from the centre of the table. I can only imagine that his eyes are watching my ass as I lean over, giving him the perfect viewing of it, also considering he knows I'm not wearing panties I'm sure he won't be able to resist that urge. As I sit back down in my seat, his hand rests back on my leg but this time he's much higher up on my thigh as he could stretch his fingers and feel my wet folds if he wanted to. I take a bite of the slice of garlic bread and some of the garlic butter drips down my chin. Michael's hand tightens around my thigh and with his other hand he reaches out to wipe my chin with his index finger before putting it in his mouth. I smirk at him as I see his eyes are almost completely dark, meaning he's close to losing control. I quickly finish off my garlic bread, not making any more mess this time, before I shrug off my jacket and hang it over the back of my seat. I look back to Michael who's hand has tightened yet again, only to see his eyes are now focused on my chest. I don't have to look down at my chest to know what he's looking at, my nipples have gone completely hard and are poking through the silk material of my dress. Michael licks his lips hungrily as he leans over to whisper in my ear. "Should we get out of here?" His voice is low and husky which causes me to clench my thighs tighter together to stop me from cumming at just the sound of his voice like that.