Chapter Twenty-seven

"He's talking to you."

"Me? But he..."

Michael's lips capture mine, cutting me off. "Yes you." He whispers against my lips. He pulls away from our kiss entirely as a smile covers his face. "You're his Alpha."

I lean out sideways to get a look at the man standing by the bedroom door behind Michael, he's young and I can't help but notice how similar he looks- but I can't quite place it.- I turn my gaze back on Michael and give him a confused look before he goes on to explain that the man was a member of Luka's pack, my birth pack. And after I had killed Luka, the pack seemed to recognize me as their true Alpha because of who my parents were. So, my own pack, whom I'd been forced to run from as child, now bowed down to me as they accepted my blood claim as the head of the pack. But could it be? Was I really capable of running a pack by myself? I've spent so long by myself, so long barely surviving. And they all want to put their lives into my hands? 

My eyes drift back up to Michael, after having stared down at my hands on my lap as I thought things over, to see him flashing me a wide smile. "You've got this." He mouths to me.

I look back to the man who is still standing by the door. "I'm sorry, what is your name?" I ask him kindly.

"Alroy, Alpha." His smile is kind as he looks at me.

I give him a simple nod. "What can I do you for Alroy?"

He gives a small bow of his head as he walked more into the room and slightly closer to the door. "Alpha, I know you are tired, and you've been through a lot." Alroy seems to hesitate with completing his purpose of coming in here. "But your people are very keen to properly meet you. Your pack, has been awaiting your return since the moment you left."

Michael's head whips around on Alroy and I can see his face contort in a glare at the young man, but he remains silent. His hand squeezes  mine, and I know that the thought of me leaving him has himself and his wolf on edge. Michael doesn't want me to leave, he doesn't want to part ways with me. But he doesn't utter a word to try and stop it because he knows, he understands, that my pack need me. 

"I am feeling fine Alroy, thank you for your concern though." I give him a warm smile. "We will leave at first light tomorrow, will you tell the others?"

Alroy nods his head, his face lighting up with excitement- though for what I do not know. "Yes, Alpha." He bows his head one last time before he exits the room, the door closing softly behind him.

The room is left in utter silence as neither I nor Michael dear utter a single word, not wanting to address the elephant I've just dumped in here. I didn't want to open my mouth, the longer we didn't talk about it felt like we had longer to be just here- which realistically I know we have the same amount of time either way, but it just felt nicer not to talk about it.

Michael's hand left mine and raised to caress my cheek. A sad smile tugged at his lips as his eyes raked over every detail on my face, mine were doing the same to him- trying to remember every single detail and commit them to memory so that I could never forget anything about him, so that he could stay just as he was forever burnt into my memory-. Michael's mouth opened and then quickly snapped shut again. He shook his head and instead pulled me closer to him with his free hand. Our lips collided with a desperate need to be entwined, his soft lips against me had never felt so right and so perfect of a fit against mine. He slowly, reluctantly, pulled away after several minutes of our passionate kissing and rested his forehead against mine with his eyes still closed from our kiss. "So, you're leaving." He said it.

I suppose we had to talk about it eventually, I just didn't really know what I would say. I simply nod my head lightly against his. My eyes shut and one of my hands reached up so my thumb could trace light circles on his chin.