Chapter 27: Truth

"Tommy, why are you protecting him? He took you from us." Techno said, shocked.

"Because he's my only friend Techno. He cared for me when I was in exile."

"Tommy, I have always cared for you. All of us have." Techno said drawing back his sword.

Ghostinnit helped Dream to his feet and an anger rose in his body. He wanted to let it all out. They never helped him when he was in trouble at all. They didn't deserve him.

"Tommy, why are you protecting him? I'm your best friend. Your other half." Tubbo said.

"Dream's my only friend, you mean nothing to me anymore, nor do those disks or my family. None of you cared for me!"

"Son, I love you so much. I cared for you so much. Why do you want to fight against us? Just come back." Phil said.

"Cared? Cared?! You never cared for me or Wilbur! You only cared when you had to kill him! Even after his death you never looked after me. Then I got exiled by my own best friend. Treated like I was nothing other than a speck of dust and I felt so alone. Where were you when I was going through that?!" Ghostinnit screamed.

"Tommy-" Funday started to say.

"Shut up shut up shut up! You say you all loved me when you never did! When I needed you the most you all abandoned me. I invited you to my beach party and no one showed up! I gave out invitations to everyone, even Techno. And you all left me alone on that beach crying to myself. Dream was the only one that showed up and cared for me! Why should I care if you want me back. Once I go with you, you're gonna hurt me again. Just leave me alone!"

Everyone looked down and felt bad for everything that he has been through. A thought struck Techno's mind. Did Dream kill Tommy and control him?

"Tommy, who killed you?" Techno asked.

Everyone looked up in surprise. After what Tommy just said, they thought he would be a little more sympathetic. Asking a question like that out of the blue, could upset Ghostinnit more.

"Who killed me?"

"Yes, who killed you?"

"I did. I killed myself. There's your truth. I jumped into the lava by myself."

Everyone stood in shock of what you said. All, but Dream. He already knew how he died, so he wasn't fazed in the slightest. Everyone else started to freak out over the words that came out of his mouth. Why would he do that? Is a thought that clouded everyone's minds.

Tubbo started to cry and fell to the ground. Niki and Ranboo by his side trying to comfort him. He couldn't believe that Tommy would do that. No one expected those words from him. No one wanted to hear those words again.

"W-why Tommy?" asked Phil, tears in his eyes.

"No one said Merry Christmas to me. I waited all day and not one of you even said hi. You were all by that tree, not caring about the boy who's just a problem maker."

Techno stood there and didn't do anything. Soon his body started to shake and tears were rolling down his eyes. He didn't want to listen to anything anymore. A feeling of sadness came over him and he looked back up towards Ghostinnit. Dream was holding onto his shoulder, like a proud dad. Dream was sick.

Techno stood up and walked over to Ghostinnit. He grabbed a hold of him and hugged him very hard. His clothes were burning from the lava, but he didn't care. He just needed to hold his brother. The tears from his face rolled down onto Ghostinnit and put out some of the lava on him.

Ghostinnit felt sad and hugged his brother back. He knew he was burning him, but just wanted to keep holding onto his older brother. The tears from Techno stung as it touched him, but he didn't care. His brother's embrace made him happy. All the emptiness in him slowly went away. Everything felt better.

"I'm so sorry Tommy. I promised to protect you."

"It's ok Techno. I forgive you."