Meeting Rose

In the morning, Lily wakes up at time and hurries to school. She makes it with ample time and wanders the school hallways until she finds the one used by all 2nd Grade students, including her own class. Near her classroom's door, she spots a girl with a slightly frizzy pastel-pink hair. She's leaning to a wall near the classroom door and looking kind of bored.

"Oi! Cotton Candy! Yeah, you with the pink hair! Can you show me where the class is where I can learn to cast pretty spells?"

The pink-haired girl scowls at her, turns around and just walks away saying nothing, leaving Lily standing there with a questioning expression on her face.

"Rude much? Not the friendly type, eh?"

At that moment, Tarutaru rounds the corner to the hallway, spots Lily and the pink-haired girl next to the classroom.

"Eh, let her be." Tarutaru says, "She's a Natural. They don't talk too much. They act like we're all below them and they are somewhere high up with their magical talents."

"Oh! Hello, Grass Patch! Thanks for yesterday."

"Well, it was my job to guide the newcomers, even if there was only one this time."

"Who was she?" Lily asks and points to the direction the pink-haired girl went.

Tarutaru glances at the direction and sees the pink-haired girl is still near, she just moved to the end of the hallway and is now there, looking as bored as before, leaning to a window at the end o the hallway. "The pink-haired girl? Her name's Caldwell. Rose Caldwell. She's our most advanced student. Like I said she's a Natural. The only reason she's here is because she's so talented. She's the most skilled mage ever to attend this school. They say she's even better than teacher Jerome. Some say she even surpasses the principal. She's probably done what you can do in twenty years before she learned to talk. She's the only pupil in the history of this school who didn't fail the first training test. Actually, I heard she beat the teacher in it and that she was half asleep at the time."

"Whoa. She's a piece of work and a half then."

"Yeah. It would be wisest for us to just leave her to be. You'll never know what the Naturals are capable of."

The both of them look at Rose for a while, then head into the class. Rose enters the classroom and walks to the end of the room, sits on her place. She then puts her hands on her desk, lays her head on her arms and promptly falls asleep. The Teacher comes in and asks Lily to join her at the front of the class.

Teacher addresses the class beside Lily "Good morning everyone! We'll be getting a fresh addition to our class as of today. You might've seen her yesterday, but we decided to start from this day. Everyone, this is Lilia Martinson. She's starting in this class despite not having gone through the first year. There are a few reasons for that and those do not concern you. Just know that she has basic knowledge like you, but she hasn't gone the full year like you. Help her when you feel like you can. You can sit there, on the back row. Behind Miss Tarutaru Enoka and next to Lady Rose Caldwell..."

Lily glances at the teacher with a raised eyebrow and thinks ::Okay that was weird... why emphasize that and why so cold voice with the 'lady'...::

Lily curtsies, walks to the end of the classroom and sits on her new place. She glances at Tarutaru who smiles at her. Then she glances at the sleeping Rose. ::Well, this is going to be a different year, all right::, she thinks.