All By Myself

After the morning classes are over, Lily walks the school grounds, exploring what's out there. The school has a park, a garden a playing field and a fenced-off area for something. The school comprises several buildings, one of which is removed from the rest, fenced off and surrounded with warning signs — the exam building. It's heavily fortified against any slight problems that might occur when students try to use unfamiliar magics.

Lily finds herself walking the garden path and sits down on a bench. She looks at the sky and marvels its beauty. For a second, Lily just sits there in silence, but then she thinks about her new high-schooler life and how it would be wonderful if she could make more new friends and maybe even find someone to have a deeper connection with. Before she even notices it, she's singing softly to herself.

{ ...Living alone

I think of all the friends I've known

When I dial the telephone

Nobody's home

All by myself

Don't wanna be

All by myself

Anymore... }

Tarutaru walks among the path and stops when she hears the singing. She cocks her head and listens to the singing. She sneaks quietly towards the sound.

{ ...Hard to be sure

Sometimes I feel so insecure

And loves so distant and obscure

Remains the cure

All by myself

Don't wanna be

All by myself

Anymore

All by myself

Don't wanna live

All by myself

Anymore... }

Lily sings with her eyes closed, unaware of anything near her surroundings. Tarutaru walks silently and stands a few steps away from the singing Lily. Her voice is beautiful, yet filled with longing and sorrow. She appears to be totally lost in her singing and unaware of anything that's happening near her, including Tarutaru standing next to her.

{ ...When I was young

I never needed anyone

Making love was just for fun

Those days are gone

All by myself

Don't wanna be

All by myself

Anymore... }

"You're not alone anymore, you know" Tarutaru says softly, smiling at Lily.

Lily opens her eyes and yelp loudly "Grass Patch you evil b— You scared me! Why are you sneaking around like that?", she almost screams.

"I heard singing and wanted to see where that came from... Lily, your voice is really pretty and you're a great signer... you're done this before?"

"Yeah, I, uh... actually yeah. I've been taking lessons since I was like three or so. I've always loved singing... But it's still really embarrassing when I lose myself in the song and someone scared the living shits out of me like that..."

"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you, just... you were just so into it you didn't even hear me walking..."

"Yeah, I tend to do that, uh... sorry... "

"Don't worry, it's nothing bad, Lily. You should keep that talent up, Lily, you're fantastic."

"I do like it... it helps me relax and sort through my head."

"Why that song though... you don't already have a boyfriend?"

"Nah, I've never had one."

"Never?"

"Nah.. Haven't found the right gi— person." Lily stutters, slightly blushing.

"But you'd still like to have one? Somebody to love, I mean?"

"Yeah, wouldn't you? I mean I don't want to spend the rest of my life just by myself. I'm terrible company, you know", Lily grins at Tarutaru.

"I don't think so, but yeah, you're right, I would like to have him as a boyfriend..."

"Him?"

"Uuuhh, I might have said too much, ehhh, well, uhm. Let's just say forget anything and we'll go with that? Come, let's go to the class so we won't miss it!", Tarutaru says, blushes slightly and turns to leave.

"Eeeh, have it your way, Grass Patch! Coming!", Lily yells, smiles and starts towards Tarutaru and school.