Group Assignment

The whole class collectively sighs, as the Teacher announces that today they're going to do a little group activity. The class splits into a few small circles, with Lily and Tarutaru being alone at one corner. Lily looks around and her eyes are drawn to Rose, who's sitting alone and looking outside, her normally expressionless face perfectly calm. Lily rises up and Tarutaru looks at her with her eyebrow up.

"Where are you going, Lily?" Tarutaru asks. Lily doesn't answer, but walks to Rose's desk and goes around it, stopping in front of her. Rose blinks a couple of times and then slowly turns her face to look at Lily. Her eyes glow ever so softly pink momentarily, but she gets them under control just fast enough that Lily's not sure if she saw something in them or not.

"What do you want?" Rose says flatly.

"We're doing a group activity," Lily says. "I thought that... uhm," she stutters a bit. "I was thinking that if you'd like to join our group?" she says.

Rose looks at her without blinking, then turns her gaze back outside. "I prefer working alone," she says without blinking.

"Yeah, I know," Lily says. "But the Teacher's gonna bug you again and you like that even less," she says and grins at Rose, who turns to look at her again. A tiny wave of glow goes through her eyes and her cheeks turn slightly pink.

"I don't care," she says and turns her gaze away again. Lily shrugs and walks back to her place next to Tarutaru.

"Why do you try, Lily?" she asks.

"I don't like seeing her alone," Lily answers and turns to look at Rose. "I don't know why, but it makes me sad to see her like... like that," she says and shrugs again, then turns her attention to the task in hand.