Falling Into You / Rose's Confession

It's late evening, classes are over, students have gone to home. In a spare classroom where Rose sometimes comes to sing, there are two people. Rose stands near the windows, looking outside, Lily stands at the doorway.

"Cotton Candy, what's up? You asked me to come?" Lily asks Rose's back.

"Eh, yeah.. I—I have something to tell you..." Rose answers and turns around. Both look awkwardly at each other and blush slightly.

"Yes...?" Lily says and walks into the classroom and sets her bag down.

Rose walks towards Lily and touches her hands with her fingertips. Lily instinctually grabs Rose's hand and squeezes it gently. "Would... would you like to hear... a song...?" Rose asks quietly.

"Your singing? Of course I would, always!" Lily says.

"This... is kind of difficult for me now, so... Please just listen. Don't say anything." Rose says and frees her hands from Lily's grasp. Lily sits down, Rose takes a step away, crosses her palms on top of her chest and starts to sing.

{ And in your eyes I see ribbons of color

I see us inside of each other

I feel my unconscious merge with yours

And I hear a voice say, "What's hers is hers"

I'm falling into you (Falling into you)

This dream could come true

And it feels so good (Falling into you)

Falling into you }

Lily watches Rose as she sings. Her lips partially apart, she's staring. Rose is singing with closed eyes and she's gradually blushing more and more. Her fingertips glow pink and her eyeliner makes swirls on her face.

:: She's.. she's singing backing vocals by herself! How is she doing that? She's singing two words at the same time and it sounds so good! :: Lily thinks. Her heartbeat quickens, and she's unconsciously fiddling with her hair tips.

{ I was afraid (I was afraid)

To let you in here

Now I have learned

Love can't be made in fear

The walls begin to tumble down

And I can't even see the ground

I'm falling into you (Falling into you)

This dream could come true

And it feels so good (Falling into you)

Falling into you

Falling like a leaf

Falling like a star

Finding a belief

Falling where you are

Catch me, don't let me drop

Love me, don't ever stop

So close your eyes

And let me kiss you

And while you sleep

I will miss you

Oh, I'm falling into you (Falling into you)

This dream could come true

And it feels so good (Falling into you)

Falling into you

Falling like a leaf

Falling like a star, oh-oh

Finding a belief

Falling where you are

Falling into you

Falling into you

Falling into you }

Rose stops singing and just stands there with her eyes closed. Lily sits there blushing like no tomorrow, staring at Rose, who's blushing equally. :: Have I... have I just been confessed to? My heart, she's so pure... What will I do...? :: Lily thinks and has a slight gay panic.

"My goddess, that was embarrassing. I—I'll go first. See you tomorrow.. Lili.." Rose quickly gathers her stuff and hurries outside.

Lily sits there, stunned for a while. :: What am I gonna do tomorrow when I see her... ::