Chapter 28

"Come stay with me." He asked making me gape at him.

"What?"

"Come stay with me."

"I heard you the first time, dammit."

"So?"

"You gotta be kidding me?" I said laughing with sarcasm.

"No. I am not. I am hundred percent serious."

"Are you crazy?"

"Are you insane?"

"It looks like you are to me."

"Which sane person would risk being caught and putting themselves and their whole family in danger?"

"And who dragged me into this?"

"I did, and I can assure you that you are safe. But. But, I can only do that if you let me."

"How much more you expect me to do? First, you force me to work for you, then you offer me this new job to be your fake girlfriend, and now you want me to live with you."

"This is part of it, being my girlfriend."

"No, this isn't."

"Yes. People live together, you know."

"Well... people don't fake date."

"People will wonder why we live separately."

"We will tell them, we are not that far in our relationship."

"Who are you kidding? Me.. not going far?" Makes sense.

"Let's tell them you changed."

"Changed? Are you into chick flicks? They are meant to be on TVs and books, not in real life."

"Those things happen in real life too."

"They don't. Don't believe that. People will always be how they are. No one can change that."

For some reason, I didn't like it. Is it because he saying I am wrong. But, why does it feel like it is more then that. Why does this disappoint me?

"That doesn't matter as long as people believe it, and people will believe it."

"I don't think so. But, okay let's say people will go along with it. Then what about your family. They will have media attacking them and let's not get into the attack and threats you might receive from my enemies."

"What have I gotten myself into?" I asked this question out loud for the first time but I ask myself this everyday, a zillion times. "You have enemies?" I continued.

"I am a business man, it is usual to have people hate you. It is always not safe, when you are known to the world."

"Will it ever be safe for me then?"

"What?"

"I am doing this for an year, people will still recognise me after that."

"Yeah?" He asked like he can't see any problem in this.

"Will I be safe then?"

"I will take care of you."

"Huh?"

"I will make sure you are not effected by this. Even after all of this ends, your safety and your bills will be in my hands."

"I don't want your money, Mr Johnson. Nor do I want your protection. All I want to do is live my life."