Chapter 35

Finn PoV
Isn't she home yet? Where is she?

She should have been done with her work by now.

What's take her so long?

Should I check on her?

But, if I do. It would look like I care. I don't want to hurt my pride while she keeps hers.

She is living with someone else now. Isn't she suppose to make sure she is behaving well and be home on time?

It is Saturday night, or should I say Sunday morning. Does she always spend late hours outside on weekends?

Because of all the dates, shopping and other things the past week, I had to leave the office early a lot of times, and we worked on Saturday too, to get back on schedule.

Who knows? If I didn't plan on working on Saturday, she would be out the whole Friday night. Good thing I did what I did.

I was waiting, roaming around the hall, looking through the glass door, hoping she would get here.

After hours of waiting, she finally decided to show up. Where was she all night? More like, who was she with?

I didn't need to ask because she didn't take a cab. Why would she? When she could ask her boyfriend or was that a fling to drop her home.

I have gotten all my answers, but I still need to ask.

I was on my sofa, looking at the newspaper when the door clicked.

"Where were you?"

"In the office," She said, ignoring me and walking past me—the walk of shame.

Who are you trying to kid Clara?

"Whole night?" I asked, continuing to flip through the paper.

"Yeah."

Is it all that she's going to say?

"Stop, " I called out to her before she could leave, making her stop in her tracks. "You cannot leave and come whenever you want when you're living here."

"Can I just move out then?" she raised her voice, turning towards me. After all that she has done, she gives me that attitude?

"Can you?" I questioned back, challenging her.

"Am I allowed to?"

"Of course you are. But do you dare?"

"Will you let me?"

"You can do whatever you want."

"How I wish that were true," she mumbled, walking away from me.

"Answer my question before you leave."

"What do you want?" she groaned.

"Where were you last night?"

"I answered that question. Have you gotten dumb?"

"In the office?" I said, ignoring her comment for now.

"Yes," she said, getting more frustrated as time passes.

"Why?"

"Now you have gotten Amnesia too. You were the one who asked- no, screamed at me to stay."

"And it took you all night to get done with it."

"No-"

"Then what took you so long?" I said, interrupting her.

"Let me complete."