Last Christmas

(This chapter will have nothing to do with Dewey's side of the story)

It was Christmas time in Duckburg. Snow had filled the land and Donald was happily filling the front lawn with Christmas decorations. Scrooge opened the door to find Donald singing a Christmas song while decorating the front lawn. "Hey!" Scrooge shouted. Donald jumped in the air in surprise and dug his face in a inflatable snowman. "Get those inflatable abominations off my lawn!" Scrooge demanded. Donald freed himself from the snowman. "But you have the perfect yard for a winter wonderland!" Donald argued. "I also have a pilot who can't tell the difference between Christmas lights and landing lights!" Scrooge said.

Donald slowly turned around at the sound of a plane slowly approaching him. Donald began to panic as he rushed to take down the decorations, electrocuting himself in the process. Scrooge rolled his eyes as he closed the door, followed by the sound of the plane crashing and Donald exclaiming.

Inside the mansion, Webby was swing around a Christmas tree while decorating it. "Tinsel! Holly! Novelty ornaments!" Webby said. Once Webby was done decorating, she landed next to Huey. "Pure Christmas magic." Webby said. Huey held up his guidebook to a page of a perfect Christmas tree. When he lowered his guidebook to see the real Christmas tree, most of the ornaments and decorations were at the bottom part of the tree. "I have some notes on your ornament distribution." Huey said. "Magic!" Webby said as she hugged Huey. Scrooge grumbled as he stormed past them, causing them to look at him.

Duckworth placed a star at the top of the Christmas tree and stared at Scrooge storming to the stairs. At the base of the stairs, Louie was writing a letter to Santa. "Dear Santa. Look. I can explain." Louie said as he wrote down his sentence. Scrooge grabbed the letter as he walked by, crumbling it up and tossing it behind him to Louie. "What- hey!" Louie said in anger.

As Scrooge reached the top of the stairs, Mrs. Beakley approached him with a clipboard. "Christmas Eve dinner will be served promptly at 8:15, followed by the annual screening of Christmas on Bear Mountain at 9:08. And I've reset the cryptid traps. Don't want another pesky sugar plum fairy infestation this year." Mrs. Beakley informed. A trap suddenly snapped on Scrooge's foot. "Yow!" Scrooge yelled as he shook the trap off his foot. "Bah! Crass commercialism, empty sentiment and all the trappings of the holiday! And the endless monuments to that reindeer-rustling red-suited rep-!" Scrooge stopped himself when he hit something with his hand.

When he looked to see what he hit, he stared up at a Santa Clause decoration. "Who put this up?" Scrooge slowly asked. Huey, Webby, and Duckworth pointed at Louie while Louie pointed at Huey. Donald walked inside the mansion, only for him to slowly back away from the situation. Scrooge growled angrily before attacking the Santa Clause decoration with his cane. "Take that, ya Yuletide-ic traitor! Not so lively and quick now, are ya!?" Scrooge shouted. Once he stopped, he angrily glared at the destroyed Santa Clause. "Bah, humbug." Scrooge grumbled before walking to his room. Webby gasped. "He said it!" Webby said excitedly. "I'm going to bed!" Scrooge said as he slammed the door to his room shut, causing a vase to fall over and shatter.

Donald was on his way to the triplets' room to visit Dewey when he passed by Charlotte's room. The door was closed and he hadn't seen her for the whole day. He couldn't shake the feeling that something was off and knocked on the door. "Charlotte? Are you there?" Donald asked. "Y-Yes." Charlotte responded. "Would you like to come out?" Donald asked. "N-No. S-Sorry." Charlotte said. Donald sighed before walking to the triplets' room with his guitar.

In the triplets' room, Dewey was sitting on his bunk bed while looking up to the stars. Dewey turned his attention to a picture of Scrooge, Donald, and Della standing behind three eggs. Dewey sighed as he looked at his mother. "Merry Christmas, mom." Dewey said. Donald suddenly bursted through the door playing his guitar, catching Dewey by surprise as he hid the picture underneath his pillow.