Chapter Sixteen

Shuichi

After taking a quick shower and changing my clothes I hurried out to find (Name). No doubt Kokichi was taking advantage of the fact I left the two of them alone...

The sooner I find them, the better.

Kokichi

No doubt Shuichi's looking for us right now... That's why I'm doing all I can to keep (Name) distracted; the longer I have to spend time with my queen the better...

"Hey (Name), did you hear about the popular retro arcade that recently opened? We should totally go check it out!"

(Name) smiled widely at my suggestion, having paused the game on her phone to look up at me.

"Sure, that sounds like fun. We should invite Shuichi to come-"

"No!"

(Name) seemed startled by my almost instant reaction to inviting Shuichi. She seemed confused, and I knew I needed to come up with a quick lie to deceive her.

It's for her own good in the long run...

"I mean, he was affected by our prank after all. He's probably still washing up and such. Plus, you know how Shuichi can be a bit grumpy after being pranked. Remember that prank we did at the movies a long time ago...?"

It seemed like (Name) believed my reasoning, and put her phone away.

"Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I don't know where the arcade is though."

Smiling widely, I grabbed her hand, pulling her to a standing position.

"Allow me to lead the way; as your supreme leader."

Even if (Name) doesn't think of it as one, I'm going to consider this our first date of many to come.

Reader

I sighed softly as I looked at the screen displaying the high scores.

"It's no use... Every single game has been conquered by this 'Chiaki9000' person. And the scores are too high to possibly beat..."

Plopping onto a nearby chair, I felt the utter despair of defeat as Kokichi glanced at the scoreboard.

"They must've totally cheated to get such scores. Still, you shouldn't feel too bad (Name); getting second on a lot of these games is impressive. I mean, I didn't know you were good at games."

I pouted softly, knowing Kokichi was just teasing. Still, the idea of only being second wasn't something I wanted to consider...

"I suppose so. But that's just a lie, isn't it? I figured the oh-so amazing supreme leader only accepted getting first place."

Kokichi shrugged his shoulders, a soft smirk forming on his lips.

"I mean, that's only natural for someone like me. But for everyone else it makes sense that second-place isn't so bad. Come on (Name), don't frown like that; you're too cute to be upset."

Even though Kokichi's known to tease like that, I still wasn't expecting the compliment. A soft blush formed on my face as I avoided his gaze. Seeing this, Kokichi let out one of his signature chuckles.

"Alright, alright, I'll stop. Be right back!"

Before I knew what was going on, Kokichi was running down the hallway, ignoring the employee that called out to him to slow down. It seems like no matter the situation, Kokichi will be Kokichi.

Buzz buzz...

Feeling my phone vibrate, I pulled it out of my pocket to see that I had received a text from Shuichi.

Where are you right now? I was hoping we could continue watching that show you really like if you're up for it.

It seems like Shuichi's over the prank; I'm glad. I was worried he'd be pouty for too long.

We're at the nearby retro arcade that recently opened.

Shuichi

'We're at the nearby retro arcade that recently opened.'...

I shouldn't be surprised that Kokichi would take advantage of the opportunity, but to be able to go to a location we had never gone to so I would have trouble finding her...

Curse you, Kokichi...

Don't worry (Name), I'm coming to save you.

Reader

I was playing a game on my phone when Kokichi returned, holding two soda cans and a small pocky box; I figure he got these at the nearby vending machine.

"Is one of those drinks for me?" I questioned, noticing how one of them was clearly one of my favorite drinks.

Kokichi, who had just finished a big gulp of his own drink, smiled.

"Aw man, you got me. It seems like I'm simply no match for your investigation skills."

With a pout he handed me the drink, taking another huge sip of his own drink.

"You don't need to make it sound so depressing that I figured that out; don't you want your subordinates to be intelligent?"

Kokichi paused, almost choking on his drink. He was soon in a coughing fit, which concerned me.

"Did I say something weird...?"

Kokichi chuckled softly, a grin beginning to form.

"You always say weird things, (Name)-chan! Sheesh, one little cough and you look like I'm suddenly dying."

I raised an eyebrow to this response. Clearly he hadn't just coughed once...

"I mean, if you don't want me to care about you, then so be it."

I made my expression seem cold, and before long Kokichi was fake crying, begging me to not abandon him. Of course I knew he was faking it, and in the end we were both laughing at the situation we had found ourselves in.

"You know (Name), I'm afraid I only had enough money to buy one pocky box... So it seems like we're going to have to share."

By the wiggle of his eyebrows, I knew what he was intending to do.

"Don't worry about it; I can just eat when we head back."

"(Name), are you saying this because you're afraid you're going to lose the game? I mean, I am fabulous-"

Kokichi

(Name) was quick to cut me off by grabbing the pocky box, opening it, and placing one of the ends in her mouth.

"Well, are you going to make me wait or what?" (Name) questioned, taking it out momentarily to speak.

A smirk made its way to my face as I was quick to comply with her request.

How can I say no to that adorable face of yours?

Shuichi

I was practically sprinting to the retro arcade, not wanting to leave Kokichi with my (Name) any longer than possible. Once arriving, I hurried through each section to find (Name)-

...!

I can't believe what I'm seeing... this can't be real...

Kokichi is kissing (Name)...!