Chapter Twenty-One

Kokichi

I can't believe Shuichi would do something so underhanded, so cruel, so.... Oh wait, I can believe it. This is the evil detective we're talking about here, the one unworthy of (Name)'s love.

The door soon opened to see a timid and scared-looking (Name). Shuichi was close behind, and the way he was positioned made it look like (Name) was trying to protect Shuichi. The bastard.

"Why hello (Name)-chan! It's so nice to see you!" I stated in a cheery voice, pushing past her and closing the door before either one of them could react. "I didn't realize Shuichi could be such a skilled liar. If I wasn't as pissed as I am right now I might even be impressed."

(Name) still seemed to be protecting Shuichi, but did seem curious as to what I meant.

"What are you talking about? You killed Kaede, didn't you?"

Approaching (Name), our faces were right next to each other as I smiled widely. I responded after lightly tapping her nose.

"Silly, silly (Name)... While it's true that my men killed Kaede, it's only because of the information Shuichi willingly offered to me. In fact, it was more of Shuichi pleading with me to use my people to get rid of Kaede. I simply accepted the request because if I'm being honest..." I let out a soft sigh, "Kaede was a real bitch to be around."

(Name) took a step back, as if trying to comprehend what I had said. It makes sense, given how so many lies and deception had been forced onto her as of late. While I tend to be a liar, at this point adding the truth is the only way to make things better for me. Shame.

"And if you want to know what really happened with your parents... Maki didn't lie to you at all; my men fabricated the article I showed you. Now, I wonder what that means..." I scratched my chin, pretending to think, "Oh right...! Shuichi and I hired an assassin to kill your parents! By the way it was my idea, and Shuichi paid for the funds..."

Reader

There's so many statements swirling around my head that at this point I don't know who or what to believe.

"Kokichi, was saying all that really necessary? Besides, you did pay for some of it..."

Shuichi quickly stopped talking, as if trying to stop me from hearing it. But at this point it was too late; I already knew the truth. Both my 'friends' are crazy, providing funds for murders and taking others out themselves...

To think I had thought I liked-

"So you're both crazy? You're killers!?"

I found myself backing away from both of them, trying to adjust it so I was headed for the exit. I saw Shuichi give Kokichi an annoyed glance, while Kokichi simply seemed bored.

"Come on, that's all you have to say... Come on (Name), I thought you'd be more original with your response. I guess I can't blame you though... Any response you give is perfect after all."

He's... not phased at all?! So am I correct in my statements?!

Shuichi sighs softly, unsure how to respond. Eventually though he does speak.

"You weren't supposed to figure this out... Now it's kind of awkward to ask if you've decided who you like..."

Kokichi seemed to show interest when Shuichi said this, his gaze seeming to stare a hole throughout my body.

"I suppose you don't only say stupid, insignificant things. Say (Name), who do you like...?"

Both boys were giving off a creepy aura, as if threatening me to not say the other person's name. I found myself backing away, getting closer and closer to the exit door. Even if their expressions were slightly different they were both threatening in their own way; Kokichi looked like he could strangle me if I said no, and Shuichi looked like he could strangle Kokichi if I said no.

"I-I..."

Feeling the door behind me, my hand shakily reached for the doorknob. In an instant I was out of the door, running away from both of them. They were both crazy, and I needed to get away fast!

I could hear their footsteps from behind me, and clumsily reached for my phone. If I could call Kirumi then maybe-

Slam!

Shuichi

Kokichi and I had both started running after (Name) when she suddenly left, wanting to talk things out.

When we both finally caught up to her though, we found her on the ground, with a tall guy looming over her. Did this giant think he had the right to push (Name) down?!

Clearly Kokichi and I were on the same wavelength for once, as he already had a gun aimed at the guy's head. This did seem to make the guy stop though.

"You seriously think you can get away with harming (Name) twice?!"

Twice...?

This motherfucker has hurt (Name) too times now?!

"P-Please don't shoot! I was the one that ran into him, not the other way around!"

(Name) was quick to stand up, using her body as a sort of meat shield. Too bad the guy was much taller then she was, his head easily able to shoot multiple times-

"G-Gonta not hurt lady. Gonta just wants to be true gentlemen!"

Kokichi seemed to look at Gonta, at (Name), and then back at Gonta.

"Pathetic."

And with that, he shot Gonta in the head, killing him. (Name) watched in horror as his body fell backwards, now lying on the ground. She fell backwards, but into my arms.

"G-Get away!"

Ignoring her pleas, I tossed her over my shoulder. I would've preferred to carry her bridal style, but desperate times call for desperate measures. She was obviously fighting back, despite the tight grip I had on her.

"Hey, Shuichi... Let go of her this instant."

Kokichi had the gun aimed at me, his expression quite serious. Although I'm sure mine was similar.

"Do you really want to try making that shot? We don't want my beloved (Name) dying by a gunshot to the ass."

Hearing this, (Name) only struggled more.

"Don't shoot me... P-Please...!"

How can she sound so hot when pleading-

"Then you need to get out of his grip dear (Name)."

Perhaps (Name) was feeling emotionally overwhelmed, but at this point she was thrashing, as if fighting for her life. I ended up falling to the ground as she was now running as fast as she could. She must've known that Kokichi wouldn't actually shoot her as she made her escape.

Meanwhile I scowled at Kokichi. I knew he would want to shoot me now, which is why I pulled out my own gun I had hidden in my pocket. He frowned.

"You bastard; I had (Name) in my arms and you ruined it!"

Kokichi thinks for a moment, before responding.

"Yeah, I don't give a shit about your fake romance. Fact is (Name) now fears us, and will probably turn us in. Truth is we will need to work together if we want her to be within our grasp. Perhaps then we can force her to choose... After all, her opinion is what matters in the end."

I found this confusing as I stood up. What exactly did he mean...?

"What are you saying exactly?"

Kokichi twirled the gun around a moment while casually responding.

"We tell (Name) to decide which one of us will be with her; the other gets shot. And before you ask, yes I'm willing to shoot myself if she chooses you... As horrible as that sounds. So, we got a deal?"

I had to seriously consider this, but the fact is I wouldn't want to live if (Name) didn't choose me, so it wasn't too hard to decide...

"You've got yourself a deal, you lying bastard."