Shoot Yourself

I don't understand... Why did all of this have to happen to me? I'm no one special, even if I'm an ultimate. I'm not going to make some discovery that'll change the world, or influence the world with music and sports.

I'm just me... And yet I've been forced to endure such hardship with those who I had considered my 'friends'. They were responsible for my parents' death, and so many more deaths; I'm sure I don't even know half of what they've done.

But even with that, I feel like I'm at my breaking point. Everything that I've gone through... It makes me feel like I'm at the brink of insanity. How is anyone meant to stay calm when they're placed in this situation?

I'm not sure how long I was tortured by my thoughts since Shuichi and Kokichi did nothing to indicate I had been taking a long time to decide. Of course, they would probably wait years in their chairs if that's what it took. They're truly insane.

But at this point I might be insane too.

I picked up the gun with shaky hands, my heartbeat increasing as I felt the cold metal in my hands.

"I..."

I don't deserve to suffer.

"I think..."

I shouldn't have to suffer anymore.

"I'm going to..."

Do I truly want this to continue?

Flashes of what had happened recently played in my head, only making the grip on the gun even more shaky. Before either Kokichi or Shuichi could speak up, my hand holding the gun made its way up to my head.

"Goodbye."

Bang!

~ ~ ~

So I died. However, it didn't take long for Shuichi and Kokichi to join me in the afterlife. It seems like wherever I go, they're going to follow.

It seems like this is my fate... I'll never escape them. I'm forever trapped in this never-ending chase. Well, except now I have nowhere to run.

It seems like I was playing a game where winning simply wasn't an option.