Chapter Nineteen

Reader

"... And that's basically everything. I don't know who I'd be interested in pursuing a relationship with, but I don't want to keep them waiting for an answer."

I had eventually needed to call for Kirumi's assistance in getting back to the dorms, and it wasn't long before I found myself spilling everything to Kirumi. She was an excellent listener, and seemed genuinely interested in helping me with my problems.

I suppose that would make sense for the ultimate maid, but I'm still thankful to her for hearing me out.

"(Name), as I have not experienced such events with you, I fear I may not understand the situation perfectly. But even so, I would suggest taking some time to think about the pros and cons of each choice you have."

The pros and cons of each choice I have... What each relationship would be like with who I choose, and what would happen if I chose neither of them...

"Thank you for the advice Kirumi. I'm thinking of taking a walk around the campus, but I'm pretty sure I'll get lost if I do. Would it be alright if I texted you if I need help returning to my dorm room?"

Kirumi nodded gently, standing up.

"Of course. You needn't hesitate if you ever require my assistance. My only desire is to serve others however I can."

I smiled softly, standing up as well to find my jacket. It was getting a bit chilly outside, so I didn't want to catch a cold.

"I really do appreciate the help. You're amazing Kirumi."

The both of us were exiting my dorm room, but even then Kirumi was as humble as possible.

"I do not deserve such praises; I am simply doing my job to provide the utmost service that can be provided."

I had a feeling that arguing with Kirumi on this would be pointless, and after sharing our goodbyes I began to walk around the campus. The slightly chilly-air was calming, as it was quiet on the school grounds. I didn't do these evening walks too often, but when I did they were always strangely calming.

Hm... The pros and cons of each relationship choice I have... There's a lot to consider and think about...

Maki

I had a feeling that these two people were the same person... It took some time to finally confirm this fact, but Hope's Peak's archive of information is truly incredible. And the fact that this wasn't even classified as a murder makes it even worse. Of course no one would want to recommend a murderer into a school that had one of her first missions was to kill two innocent people for two kids...

I know I shouldn't be feeling like this, but for some reason I want to come clean to her..

Reader

I had hoped that spending some time out here would be helpful in coming to a conclusion to what I want to do, but I suppose it's not always that easy when it comes to things like this.

I should probably try to head back to the dorms before relying on Kirumi's assistance. It is getting dark, but I don't want to trouble her with something I should be learning to do on my own.

As I was trying to head back to my dorm room however, someone approached me. I didn't recognize her, but she seemed to recognize me. Perhaps we were in the same class, but I forgot seeing her picture on the website?

"(Name) (Last Name), correct?"

Her voice wasn't loud, but it held a certain seriousness that I simply couldn't avoid.