Chapter Seventeen

Kokichi

From the corner of my eye, I could see that Shuichi had arrived.

Well, that's frustrating... I wanted to have more alone time with (Name). But still, I can't complain about how things went down. We had already eaten the pocky, but (Name) seemed determined to win this 'game' of ours.

As if I'd ever pull away from you, sweet (Name)...

Reader

Oh man... This is really embarrassing... I was hoping that if we actually got to a kiss Kokichi would pull away, maybe say some remark of how I 'should've just said if I wanted to kiss him', but he wasn't pulling away.

This isn't fair; we're in public and I can't handle any more embarrassment.

Shuichi

Knowing I couldn't allow this to continue, I was quick to approach the two. I noticed the pocky box nearby, and everything began to make sense.

Of course; there's no way (Name) would give in to kiss Kokichi by regular means. How cunning Kokichi...

"(Name), you do realize all the pocky is gone, right?"

(Name) seemed startled by my sudden presence, and jumped away from Kokichi, her face bright red.

"I-I, um... How much did you see?"

(Name)'s startled face was almost too much to bear. I had to use my hat to hide my own blushing face.

"I didn't see too much. Don't worry about that."

I was barely able to see Kokichi's scowl which was present on his face. Clearly he wasn't happy about me interrupting him, but he shouldn't have even approached in the first place.

(Name) is mine.

Kokichi

"Sheesh (Name), you should've just said if you wanted an excuse to kiss me. If the entire pocky is eaten up the game's declared a tie. Besides, if you're going to kiss me you're going to need to improve your kissing game."

That's not true though. The kiss was perfect; her lips were perfect.

She's perfect.

(Name) only looked away in embarrassment, clearly having difficulty speaking up. I was going to continue to tease her, but it seemed like Shuichi wanted to ruin that.

"So this was only recently-opened, right? It's surprisingly quite popular for only hosting retro games; if I'm not mistaken most of the newer games have online features and mobility for convenience."

I simply snickered at this comment.

"Wow Shuichi, are you an idiot when it comes to video games? Have you ever heard of things being a 'classic'?"

Reader

Based on Shuichi's expression, I had a feeling things could turn ugly if this turned into an argument.

"I think everyone can have their own opinions regarding retro games... Besides, it's true that newer gaming systems are designed for convenience."

Sheesh, ever since Shuichi arrived everything has been quite awkward. But perhaps it's because of what he walked in on us doing.

"(Name), are you daring to disobey your supreme leader? Your king?"

Even though I knew Kokichi was joking around, I figured I might as well play along. A soft smirk came to my face as I stood up.