Ibuki Mioda X GN!Reader ☁️ Music To My Ears

Requested by PotatoToddler
Ibuki Mioda X GenderNeautral! Reader
Fluff
Non-Killing AU

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Y/N L/N, the ultimate critique. They judged all kinds of things eloquently; food, books, people, but their favourite was music. And that was what caused them to form a close friendship with the ultimate musician, Ibuki Mioda. Though the 'ultimate critique' made Y/N sound like an uptight goody-two-shoes, they were actually pretty laid back. They never liked to judge people too much unless absolutely necessary, and used constructive criticism instead of putting someone down.

As Y/N made their way up to the gates of Hope's Peak, they sighed slightly. Another day of school. "Oh hey, watch out!" They heard someone yelling. They saw a small, blurry white object before getting the wind knocked out of them by an object that hit them in the stomach. "J-jeezus... fucking... Christ!" They coughed out. "Leon! You hit somebody!" "Oh shit, hey, you ok?" A couple of people came over. They were from class 1-A, and they'd never talked to them that much before. They were in class 1-B.

"Yeah I'm fine. What was that?" "A baseball. Leon was aiming for a tree, but you stood there at a very unfortunate time," said the redhead's friend apologetically. "It's fine, really. You're class 1-A, right? I don't think we've ever talked before," said Y/N, as the guy helped them up.

"No, I don't think we have. The name's Leon Kuwata, ultimate baseball star." He held his hand out and Y/N took it, chuckling slightly. "I'm Makoto Naegi. I got picked out of the raffle, so I guess you could call me the ultimate lucky student." Said the other. "It's very nice to meet you both. Maybe we should hangout sometime," said Y/N. "But I gotta get to class early. I heard one of my teacher was changing the seating plan and I wanna get a seat at the back." They waved at the two boys, and turned towards the towering building.

They walked inside, and eventually got to their classroom. There were five people there. And there seemed to be some sort of argument going on. Ibuki was sitting on a desk, watching and tuning her guitar, as Hiyoko was arguing with a tall forest-haired boy, and there was also Mahiru, trying to calm down Hiyoko, and a boy with dark blue hair wearing a cap.

"You were squishing the bugs! Gonta cannot ignore that!" "Yeah, but bugs are gross!" "Bugs are not gross! No bad person likes bugs! That means you are bad person!" "G-Gonta, I'm sure she didn't mean that..." said the blue haired boy. "What's going on?" Said Y/N, walking up to the four. "And who are you two?" "I'm Shuichi Saihara. Me and Gonta are class 1-C. He's the ultimate Entomologist, and he saw this girl killing some bugs, and got really mad." The blue haired boy explained.

Y/N looked up at Gonta, who still looked mad. "Gonta, I'm sure she didn't mean to kill the bugs. Didn't you, Hiyoko? Just yesterday she was telling me how she really likes bugs." Said Y/N, pointedly. "But-" "weren't you, Hiyoko?" Y/N have her a glare, and she looked away. "Yeah I was I didn't know they were bugs I'm so sorry!" She said really quickly.

Gonta's face softened. "Gonta understands. Gonta apologises for calling you bad person. That is not gentleman like." Gonta and Shuichi eventually left the classroom, and Y/N headed over to Ibuki. "Y/N!! Hi! Hi!" Said Ibuki. Y/N chuckled. "Hey, 'buki." If they were being completely honest with themself, they had developed feelings for the musician, but they were certain Ibuki only saw them as a friend. "Can Ibuki show Y/N a new songs she wrote after school?" Said Ibuki. She often got Y/N to check her songs, and Y/N always said they were amazing. "Of course! You know I love your music." This made the guitarist blush, and Ibuki then ran to her seat as Y/N chuckled, and the rest of the class filed in.

After school.

Y/N went to their locker to drop off their books, and then made their way to the music room, which is where Ibuki told them to meet. When they arrived, Ibuki was plugging her guitar into a speaker. "Y/N! Ibuki is glad you're here!" Y/N sat down and got out their notepad. "Fire away, Ibuki."

(Song: time I love to waste by May-a, slightly altered)

Uh, uh
Card games with a cup of coffee
Not clear, but I hope they love me
Smart minds with a stupid proxy, lines getting fuzzy
My hands on your green knit sweater
Eyes sweet, but their lips look better
Cold skin with a burning temper, so will remember
They're the fire, I'm the trees
They're so far out  of my league
They're a hurricane, I'm just a breeze
They're the time I love to waste
I'd let them live, right through my wallet
Give them all my things, empty my pockets~
They take me crossroads, far from things I know
There's no place like home, there's no place like home
E/C eyes, but their cheeks were pink
Pale hands on your S/C skin
We're makin' a masterpiece, a contrast of feelings
Cut back with your good intentions
So smart but I never mention
Desperate for your attention, give me a second

They're the fire, I'm the trees

They're so far out of my league
They're a hurricane, I'm just a breeze
They're the time I love to waste

I'd let them live, right through my wallet

Give them all my things, empty my pockets
They take my crossroads, far from things I know
There's no place like home, there's no place like home
I feel it in your touch
I hear it in your tone
You've been hurt just as much
I'd never let you go~
I'd let them live, right through my wallet
Give them all my things, empty my pockets
They take me crossroads, far from things I know
There's no place like home, there's no place like home
I'd let them live, right through my wallet
Give them all my things, empty my pockets
They take my crossroads, far from things I know 

there's no place like home, there's no place like home

They're the fire, I'm the trees
They're so far out, of my league
They're a hurricane, I'm just a breeze 

she's the time I love to waste~

As Ibuki finished the song, Y/N clapped. "That was amazing Ibuki! Was there anything that inspired you to write it?" Said Y/N. "I-Uhm- well-" said Ibuki, putting her index fingers together. "Yes. I-it was you, in fact." "M-me?!" Y/N said, their face turning beet red. "I-Ibuki thinks that Y/N is the fire, Ibuki is the trees. Y/N is very far out of my league... Y/N is a hurricane, and Ibuki is just a breeze. Y/N is the time I love to waste." The two made eye contact for a split second, before they both leaned in, and their lips made contact. They heard cheering from the door. Akane, Hajime, Kazuichi, Sonia, Chiaki, Hiyoko and Mahiru, holding up her camera, where all standing there. "MAHIRU KOIZUMI DELETE THAT PHOTO RIGHT NOW-"