Heartbreak

Thought you would like the visual of Sorey. Art is not mine. Also minus the shoes 😌

"Sorey,  Sakura! Breakfast!!" I got up from the couch in the living room and headed to the dining room for breakfast. Sakura came out of her room, she's just like dad. Apparently she didn't hear the screaming coming from Mom this morning. Either she didn't or she did but just didn't care.

I walked to the table as Mom served us breakfast. I wasn't very hungry, so I didn't eat much. My stomach was feeling very queasy, more so for the fact that I would have to tell my mom what happened. I was scared how she was going to act, what she was going to say.

I just sat at the picking at the food on my plate, that was until Mom called out my name.

"Sorey."

I jumped a little in my seat, I could hear how stern she was in her voice. I put my fork down and leaned against the table, my arms supporting me. I guess now is a better time than ever to start.

"I guess...I could start with what happened last night. Last night, Sakura and I got into a little argument. I was a bit sad and frustrated, So I snuck out of the house to breathe some fresh air and go on a walk to clear my head."

Mom banged her hand on the table startling not just me, but everyone as well. "What makes you think that it was okay to leave the house like that? How did you even leave without making so much as a noise? I would have heard the front door open if you left." With every word that Mom spoke her voice became louder and angrier.

"Snuck out? Mom what's going on?" Sakura questioned

"Not now Sakura. Your sister needs to finish telling her story. After that I'll decide a suitable punishment."

Of course I'll be punished for this, when am I not? "Due to my training-"

"Training? I thought we said that man couldn't train you! Have you been lying to us?!"

"Mom! You're the one who tries to keep me here! I can't even go outside without you worrying over me like a baby! You won't let me try to do things on my own, I feel constantly trapped! Did you ever try to stop and think about how I felt! But because of my sensei, I have learned so many things! I even figured out how to see without the use of my eyes! You should be trying to help me! Not confine me! Stop letting you fear cloud your judgement!" I was now standing up from my chair as my hands were on the table.

It was silent. Nobody spoke, it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. "Y-You can see?" Sakura asked.  Voicing everyone's question.  I sat back in my chair and slumped down.

"Well, not exactly. It's very complicated to explain. You guys wouldn't understand. Let me just finish my story, no more interruptions, we got sidetracked. Anyway, yes I snuck out and walked around the town to cool my head a bit. I'm not sure if you guys knew this, but my smelling and hearing senses are better than those of normal people. It happened to be...the wrong place at the wrong time."

"I got attacked by some strange man...and he cut my face. That's exactly what happened Mom."

After telling my mom what happened, it felt like something was eased off of my shoulders a bit. But I still had that queasy feeling in my stomach.

"I see, Sorey, you're not allowed to train anymore. No if, and, or buts. My word is law so you better listen to me. Go to your room, I don't want to hear any complaints from you. I have to go out today to get some wood to seal your window shut." She started cleaning up the table, as I sat there in shock.

After everything I told her, she still wouldn't change her mind? That was it? She has the last word and I'm stuck being confined to the house and guarded like a criminal. No. That's not going to happen. With a new burst of energy and determination I turned to my mom, who was still clearing the table.

"Mom. I won't let you confine me again. Don't you understand?! It's because of him that I am able to see and sense my surroundings! It's because of him I am a step close to achieving my dream! Mom I can't be stuck here forever! Don't you want what's best for me?"

"SOREY!" Mom slams the plates on the table. "I told you to go to your room and to not complain. Why can't you just listen to me for once. It's because of that man you got hurt! I do think about you! Why do you think I'm doing what I'm doing! It's because I care about you, I'm doing this all for you!"

I scoffed and crossed my arms. "For me? Name one thing that you've done that has actually helped me and not hurt me in the end. Mom you have to try and look at my point of view!"

"Seriously? I didn't let you go to the academy because you would have definitely gotten bullied. How do you think you would have felt if you had to come home crying every day! Besides, a blind person can't become a ninja, that's how society is. The Hokage would never let you become a ninja. No matter how much you train and try, you will never be able to become a ninja Sorey!"

With each word my mom spoke it was like a knife to my heart. I backed away from my Mom, tears in my eyes. "Wait- Sorey I didn't mean that."

I shook my head and back away from her reaching hand. "No...you don't believe in me....you've never believed in me! Dad believes in me, so why can't you?! He knew about my training and supported me and yet...you can never do the same!"

"Y-You knew about her training? Yet never decided to tell me?! If you would have told me we could have stopped this!!" Mom was getting dangerously close to Dad, to close for my comfort. I quickly ran over to Dad adding a bit of chakra to my run. Shielding him from Mom

"Mom, this isn't the time. But you know something? He chose to believe in me, he didn't have to let me go, he could have listened to you and made me stay, he could have listened to you and told you about my training. But he didn't because he believes in me. Even my Sensei believes in me! He told me I could do great things! I want to show people that they too can do what they want as long as they try and have the right intentions. It shouldn't matter if you're blind, deaf, or mute, heck even disabled! No one can tell me what I can and cannot do. Especially you Mom."

She came closer to me and Dad, with each step my beating heart in my chest became louder and louder. She raised her hand and brought it down on me. The sound echoed through the room, nobody was able to stop her. All that could be heard, was the heavy breathing from my mom.

I brought my hand up to my left cheek, which was now stinging. "So that's how it is." I dropped my left hand from my cheek and turned to leave the house.

"Where do you think you're going? We're not done here. You need to go back to your room now." 

I stopped just as I reached the door. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm leaving." Without a word I opened the door and slammed it shut.

3rd POV

"Sakura leave the room, you've seen enough." Dad gently pushed Sakura away

"But, what about Sorey? Is she gonna be okay, that was really scary."  Sakura started sniffing as she began to cry. "I don't want Sorey to be hurt anymore Daddy!" Kizashi picked up Sakura and consoled her as he took Sakura to her room.

"Don't worry, Daddy is going to make everything better. I'll go talk to Sorey okay? In the meantime, you stay in your room and out of your Mom's way." Sakura nodded.

After that Kizashi went to go look for Mebuki to talk to her. He found her in the kitchen furiously washing the dishes. He leaned against the doorway and called her out.

"Honey." 

"What Kizashi, can't you see that I'm busy."

"Mebuki, don't you think you could be a little more considerate to your daughter? She tries so hard, and you don't see that. Didn't you hear her today? She can actually find her own way, she found her own way to see! Isn't that amazing, what an accomplishment!"

Mebuki didn't reply, she just focused on doing the dishes. Knowing he wasn't going to get anything out of his wife and left the kitchen and went to the front door.

"I'm going out to look for Sorey, so you stay  behind with Sakura. "

Again he got no reply, but he knew she had heard. After putting his shoes off, he set off to look for his Daughter. Hopefully she wasn't far but who knows.

Whoo hoo! Two updates today!!! This one is much better and longer. Ngl I made myself cry a bit when writing that 😩