The Good and Bad

In the blink of an eye three months had passed by, team nine was now closer than ever and Sorey never felt those negative emotions again. Her team left only twice for two C rank missions which were rather easy and short as well. Along with her now growing bond with her team, she felt that it was now time to share with them about her earth bending.

While that was going on with her team she also noticed the lack of seeing Nuriko and the rest of team 3. She was glad Nuriko wasn't bothering her anymore, but also a little bit sad, though she would never admit that.

Currently Sorey was walking Sakura and Naruto to the academy. As newly genin they now get their team assignments today. "So are you guys excited about assigned teams today?" Sorey asked.

Both Naruto and Sakura nodded their heads in excitement, more so Naruto than Sakura. "Yeah! I'm hoping to get in a team with Sakura!! Wouldn't that be cool!!" Naruto said, jumping around while punching his fist in the air.

Sakura sighed. "Naruto, I don't think I can handle seeing you twenty-four seven. No offense, but sometimes you're a little energy draining."

Dark purple depression lines surrounded Naruto as he crouched to the ground drawing circles in the dirt. "Meanie...you just want to be on a team with your precious Sasuke." Naruto pouted.

Sorey sweat dropped while her eye twitched. Seemed like Sakura was never able to move on from this crush of Sasuke. Sakura reeled back with a light blush forming on her cheeks. "O-Of course not! I mean I guess I wouldn't mind being on a team with you, we work well together.."

Naruto jumped out of his mini depression state and latched onto Sakura. "Awe you really mean that?? You're the best Sakura!!" Sakura unlatched Naruto from her hold and crossed her arms.

"Yeah yeah, now let's get a move on before we're late!"

Sakura grabbed Naruto and Sorey's hands and dragged the two all the way to the academy. That was until they ran into Ino.

"Ino pig." Sakura greeted, walking past Ino as she let go of her siblings' hands.

"Sorey nice to see you, billboard brow, not nice to see you." Ino greeted, speeding up and walking past Sakura.

"So they actually let you graduate?" Ino asked, glaring at Sakura from the corner of her eyes. "What a surprise."

"Those classes are ancient history." Sakura replied. "We're both ninja now and we're both equal." Sakura walked in step next to Ino and made eye contact. Both glaring at each other. "I won't lose to you anymore."

Sakura broke eye contact first and walked ahead of Ino. Who in turn became irritated and walked past Sakura. The same exchange happened a few more times before the two started to race each other, their foreheads smashed together as they yelled insults all the way to the academy.

Naruto and Sorey both watched what happened, Naruto gulped in fear and hugged Sorey's arms. "Gee, girls sure can be scary."

Sorey chuckled and ruffled Naruto's head. "C'mon let's go, or else you'll be late to the academy."

Naruto gasped and grabbed his sister's hand and speed walked to the academy. Once they arrived they saw Ino and Sakura running into the academy running over anyone who blocked their way.

Sorey turned to Naruto and set her hands on his shoulders. "Do you need me to walk you in or are you okay?"

Naruto shook his head. "No I'm okay, but you better get going, you have a team meeting today right? Can you come back for lunch?" Naruto asked, twiddling his thumbs.

"Sure, I'll try my best to get back to lunch in time." Naruto gave Sorey a hug and waved goodbye as he walked into the academy.

Sorey waved back and then walked to the training grounds where she would be meeting her team. When she arrived she saw that they were just waiting for Gai sensei. She sat down on the ground choosing to sit next to Neji.