Prologue

Your POV:
Death. A tricky concept to come to terms with. You wish it never happened, and then it comes to punch you in the face. I knew death from a young age. Probably from about the age of 10. I never truly came to terms with death because at the time I didn't truly understand what it was. I had no clue how to accept it. Or what mourning was. I was a kid. Even to this day I haven't fully gotten over the fact my parents died in front of my eyes.

But it wasn't something I knew how to handle. I kept seeing these odd creatures everywhere I went. I always shrugged them off, thinking I was probably just not getting enough sleep. I would always put it down to that.

I knew deep down I was wrong, but I couldn't bear to face the fact that I was. Knowing I came from a powerful family line of sorcerers made me realise that fact. That I wasn't seeing things. They were there. It's just... not everyone could see them. I wasn't aware of this fact since people would just waltz right past these creatures without ever uttering a word.

The downside to me seeing these creatures is that I have to walk past them to get to school every single day. But no one else sees them. No one I know at my school at least. But my school was a hell hole. The teacher's don't care and bullying occurs daily. Sometimes more than that. I was one of those pupils with absolutely no friends yet I'm always willing to stand up to people who feel it's just to bully other's. It was a common occurrence for me.

I trudged out of my lonely house and toward the school grounds, seeing a boy most likely from my year on the floor. I sighed in annoyance and headed over to the boy. Seeing three other boys gathered around him. I stood straight in front of the boy on the floor and it seemed to really piss them off. One went to throw a punch at me but I dodged it and kicked him to the ground next to the boy. I beat the shit out of the other two before offering my hand out to the boy.

"Thank you." He says.

"Nah it's fine. I'm used to doing this." I say, walking off.

I could hear him call out for me, but I never turned back. People always saw me as the weird kid. So if he were seen hanging out with me, he'd get bullied ten times worse than now. That's why I avoided people. Because I didn't want them being put in the same category as me. Being seen as weird. Or strange. Because no one is weird or strange. Yeah, we're all different. But in our own unique way.

I continued trudging through the school grounds, not at all wanting this day to go on any longer. It was a common occurrence for me to help people who were bullied and then walking away straight after helping them. After they thank me. Because I don't want them following the same path as me. If I can prevent it, I will.

The school day seemed to go as slow as anything before it was finally the end. As I was heading out, the boy from this morning stopped me. I sighed and listened to what he had to say.

"Let me walk you home. As thanks." He says with a smile.

"You know I can protect myself, right?" I retort.

"I just wanted to thank you properly." He replies.

"I can't say no, can I?" I sigh.

"Nope!" He beams.

I gave in. Something I don't normally do. On several occasions I've saved people and they've insisted on walking me home. Most days, I say no. But on some days I do say yes. Today just seemed to be one of those days. I didn't need protecting. If anything, if we were attacked, it'd be me protecting him. Not the other way around.

I gave in and we left the school grounds, heading in the direction of my house. Except I felt a presence as we were walking. I thought nothing of it since the boy probably couldn't even tell we were being followed by something. I didn't even know how I could tell we were being followed. Yet I never mentioned anything to the boy. I kept my mouth shut as I always did. Until the thing that was following us jumped in front of us, blocking the path.

I instinctively placed my hand in front of the boy to stop him going any further.

"Run!" I shout at him.

He didn't understand but ran anyway. Judging by its size and energy levels radiating off of it, I'm assuming it's quite powerful. Yet it didn't faze me. Not one bit. I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath before suddenly I had flaming arrows and a bow in each hand. I aimed the bow at the thing in front of me and shot it with the arrow, watching it catch on fire. I knew there was more than one so I quickly turned around, aiming the bow at the one behind me. It also setting on fire. The other thing I didn't know was how on earth I was even able to summon the bow and the arrows in the first place.

More and more kept appearing so I continued to fire arrow after arrow after arrow. Not even noticing the presence of two people in the distance. I was too focused on the things in front of me. Then I heard a scream. I turned my head slightly to see the boy I had told to run... ripped limb from limb... lying in a bloody pile on the floor. Rage took over me and I began taking my anger out on the things in front of me. The flames becoming more and more uncontrollable before they were all gone. Nothing left but a bloody puddle not even 4 feet away from me.

I went to step forward, wanting to just head home after what had just happened but I didn't move... I felt myself feel dizzy before I collapsed and passed out. Half expecting to fall flat onto the floor. But I never made contact with it. I assumed the two people that arrived, one of them caught me. Preventing me from falling. I could faintly hear their conversation.

"This is where we got the tip about multiple curses in the town." One of them said.

"I'm surprised she was able to take all of them down. Just who is this girl?" The other said.

And I heard no more. Because I blacked out.

Ok so this is more of a tester to see if people like this book. Please let me know if you do and I'll publish more chapters. This is relevant to the story I just wanna know if people will read it.