Chapter 4

Your POV:
The curse spat out a fireball which landed in between Itadori and Fushiguro. Narrowly avoiding them both. The bit I'm dreading is getting Itadori to agree with me when I tell him to run. I know Fushiguro will, after a little persuading since I spoke with him before the mission about this. I was the highest grade here and I wasn't having anyone die on my watch. Even if it were me who died in the end.

"Fushiguro. Take Kugisaki and go." I say.

"But-" He says before I cut him off.

"Remember what I said? If we came across a High-Grade I made you promise me you'd run away." I say with a fake smile.

He doesn't argue and he runs. I could sense his cursed energy getting smaller and smaller the further away he went. Now I just had to get Itadori to agree with me.

"Itadori. You go as well." I say.

"But-" He goes to say.

"No. I'm the strongest here. If Sukuna is refusing to help, then you have to leave it to me." I say.

"Are you sure?" Itadori asks.

"Dead serious." I say, summoning my fox.

"You have Shikigami too?" He asks in awe.

"Only two. Once you get outside, get her to give me a signal. Ruffle her fur or something. She responds well to positive actions." I say.

"Why a signal?" Itadori asks.

"So I can make a domain. I don't want you getting caught in it." I say.

Itadori eventually gave in, leaving the reform school with my fox following close behind him. As soon as he left the room, I closed my eyes, summoning my flaming bow and arrows. I aim at the curse, blowing it back with the arrows. The curse set on fire before healing the wounds I had caused.

"So I need to char it beyond healing, huh?" I question aloud.

I kept barraging it with the same attacks until I heard my fox. I smirked before jumping back, causing the curse to stop moving and stare at me. Unsure of what I was about to say.

"Ryōiki Tenkai: Moeru yōna kēji." I say, making the hand signs for a domain.

"Ryōiki Tenkai: Moeru yōna kēji" translates to "Domain Expansion: Fiery cage."

My domain expanded, taking up the entirety of the space. The floor, ceilings and walls encased in fire. The curse itself was trapped within my domain. I was expecting my domain to be incomplete. But much to my surprise, it wasn't. I may have had the upper hand in the domain, but I had no clue how long I could actually keep the domain up for.

My flames were stronger here. But I didn't have my katana. I closed my eyes, focusing on my flaming bow and arrows again. Once I held them in my grasp, I aimed at the curse. As it was charging at me. Even in my domain, it still held some power. Much to my complete annoyance. I managed to hit the curse, knocking it backwards as it was ablaze. Even still it weren't enough. I kept firing flaming arrows until my domain began collapsing. So five minutes is the maximum amount of time I can hold a domain for while also using other techniques?

I attacked again with my flaming arrows, firing at the curse before it hit me, sending me flying backwards into the wall. I coughed up blood before getting up and charging at the curse again. It managed to land a hit on my stomach, sending me back again and coughing up more blood. I had one move I could think of. My flaming scythe.

I summoned the scythe, charging at the curse. Slicing it's head clean off with a flaming slice. It couldn't regenerate and inevitably ended up dying. Before I could pass out, I summoned my phoenix and then passed out. My cursed energy was still activated as I had just enough to get my phoenix to carry me outside while I had Sukuna's finger weakly in my grasp.

Fushiguro's POV:
I sent Kugisaki off with Ijichi, telling him to expand the evacuation zone while taking Kugisaki back to Jujutsu Tech. When they left, I turned around to see the dormitory that had expanded had disappeared. Meaning Y/N had killed the High-Grade curse. Now I just had to wait for Itadori and Y/N to come back.

"If it's about him, he's not coming back." Sukuna said beside me.

That means there was a finger inside the dormitory that Itadori ate. So Sukuna must've taken over. There was still no sign of Y/N. Sukuna, stood in front of me, ripped Itadori's shirt and pulled out his heart.

"I'm gonna take that brat hostage." Sukuna said, holding Itadori's heart.

So this meant I had to fight Sukuna. I summoned Nue, making it charge towards Sukuna while he commented on making full use of the space outside. In continued fighting Sukuna though I was at a clear disadvantage. I needed to reach Itadori in some way.

"I don't have a logical reason for saving you back then. Even if it were dangerous, I didn't want to see a good person die. I had my doubts, but I made ultimately made a selfish choice which was driven by my emotions which was fine. Because I'm not a hero. I'm a sorcerer." I say, trying to reach out to Itadori.

"That's why I didn't regret saving you. Not even once." I say.

"I see." Itadori said.

"You're smart so you must be thinking a lot more about these things then me. I think the way you live your life is right. But I don't think I'm wrong. Ah sorry. It's almost time. You, Kugisaki and Y/N... and Gojo-Sensei. I don't have to worry about you, right? Live long, will you?" Itadori says, collapsing to the floor.

Right after Itadori collapsed, a phoenix came flying in. Holding Y/N. It landed in front of me before disappearing. Did she summon this before passing out? I heard a fox earlier on as well, was that also hers? I went over to where she was seeing her out cold on the floor holding her side. Itadori had died and I didn't even know how to tell her.

Ok, I am well aware that Itadori was the one to fight the High-Grade but I changed it for a reason. In this story, you, the reader have the same rank as Gojo. So, you opted on staying back since you were supposed to be the one taking on this mission by yourself because Gojo wasn't around. That is why you made Itadori run away. Because you didn't want him to die. Even if he did at the hands of Sukuna.

Hope that makes sense! Oh and I'm not following the anime/manga to a T as I am changing things but I am using it as a reference so I include all the arcs I plan to include in the right order. As well as making sure I get the grades for every sorcerer mentioned correct.