57

The summer in the sea is extremely hot, and the scorching sun is reflected through the floor-to-ceiling windows.

Fu Rong brought a cup of tea, her bright red nail polish lined her fingers white, she took a sip and said, "Chu Chu, I heard Assistant Zhou say that your materials are not ready yesterday."

Cheng Chu sat aside, blankly without a word.

There was silence all around, and there was a sudden "slap" that made her eyebrows twitched and almost fell off the sofa.

The glass tea cup was slammed on the coffee table, still exuding a trembling aftertaste.

Cheng Chu returned to his senses, "What did you just say?"

The girl's beautiful peach blossom eyes had no brilliance, and the dimness seemed to be attached to clouds. Fu Rong sighed, and the fire in her heart was instantly extinguished.

"Chu Chu." She sighed and said earnestly: "You are going to go abroad alone in a few months. How can parents and mothers rest assured in such a mental state?"

Cheng Chu pursed her lips and said in a low voice, "Mom, I'm fine, but I'm a little tired recently."

"I know." Fu Rong attached her hand to the back of her hand, patted it, and said in a low voice, "It was my mother's fault. I shouldn't oppose you to play the piano. Now that I want to come, you are right to insist on dreaming."

Cheng Chu's eyelashes trembled, and he softly responded.

A mango tree was planted in the back garden, and cicadas cried out in the summer.

Seeing Cheng Chu's lack of energy, Fu Rong couldn't ask anything for a while, and reluctantly told her to go back to rest.

At noon, the heavy curtains blocked the sun, and the room was dim.

Cheng Chu lay in bed without sleep.

She has always been a brave person, but this time, even the simple matter of submitting materials has been delayed for several weeks.

When the head of the bed lit up for a moment, she rolled over, struggling to reach for the phone from the table.

It was a text message from Professor Lin.

The old professor is getting old and is not accustomed to WeChat. He usually sends text messages on all notices.

"Cheng Chu, it's been just a few days since the submission of K University's materials. Other departments have already submitted them. If it is because the family disagrees, you can tell me that I will do psychological work for them. The hard-won opportunity is a matter of the future, so you can consider it carefully."

Cheng Chu's fingers paused slightly.

The room is very quiet, and the second hand of the clock can be heard clearly.

Time seemed to be stretched very long in an instant, and Cheng Chu slowed down at this instant when he heard the blood flowing rapidly in his body.

She blinked in a daze, then bowed her head back to the text message.

"Professor Lin, sorry to trouble you, I will answer you tomorrow."

Putting down the phone, she got up and opened the curtains.

The noon sun is particularly dazzling.

Gu Miao was sitting with a half-drinked ice American on the wooden table.

The doorbell rang lightly, and his flapping fingers paused, and there was a momentary trance.

Who will come at this time?