Chapter 3

I first checked the number - it wasn't one I recognised. 

Strange. 

And my eyes dropped down to the message. "I love you" then another one popped up "Ayla, please reply to me, confess your love to me." My breathing hitched 'how did this person know my name?' I quickly blocked the number and deleted the messages. I needed to go to the shops I couldn't let my mum starve could I now? Even if I was creeped out by this weirdo. I wrapped my hijab around my head, put on my trainers, grabbed my jacket and walked down the street. I had finished with my shopping, got everything I needed and was making my way to the till to pay. And a tall man barges past me, hitting my shoulder really hard. "Ow!" I screeched. " watch where your going" he just carried on walking off. What a weirdo. Idiot hurt me so bad. I thought to myself as carried on to the till and just as I was going to put my basket on it the same man intervenes and puts his stuff on the till. I was annoyed "What's your problem? Why-" He cut me off. "You are. You're the root of every problem in my life. You-just you." I was taken aback. Was he ok? He didn't seem so. He might be on drugs you never know right? I calmly replied "how am I a problem in your life if I don't even know you?" He leaned close to me, I wasn't one to get intimidated easily as I had endured the bullshit of life, but this man, this man stood right in front of me was currently scaring the shit out of me. "You don't know me, but you soon will. My name will be engraved in your heart. And for the matter of knowing you," he straightened up        "I've known you long enough for you to cause havoc in my life and mind." And with that he walked off.

I was stunned, stuck to my place. Ok, he HAD to be on drugs, right? No one in their right mind would say something like that to someone they didn't even know for two minutes. It was finally my turn to pay and go. Trust me, I wanted to get away from this mad shop and madman as fast as I could. The shopkeeper insisted to take £10 off my total as a compensation of what had just taken place. I refused, I didn't want anyone's charity. He insisted again and I gave in. I had no energy to be dealing with this anymore. I just wanted to get home, eat and go to sleep. I walked out of the shop and was starting to walk up my street and I felt a hand wrap around my arm, my heart stopped, if what I thought was going to happen then how would I live my life afterwards?

I was dragged backwards and pinned against a wall. My eyes shut tight. I was praying that nothing will happen, praying someone would see and help me. But who was I kidding nothing like that would happen. I could feel the person's grip on my wrists, his breath hitting my cheek and body completely pressed against mine. I knew what was coming and there was no way to stop it, no way at all. I was trying to wriggle my way out of his grip but it was no good. His grip became tighter and body somehow closer. His gruff voice spoke "open your eyes" I didn't. "Open your eyes... Ayla" I opened my eyes instantly. , how the hell did he know my name? I looked up at him and who do I see?

That idiot from the store.

"How do you know my name?" I asked frantically, he was definitely a physco.
" I told you I've known you long enough" repeating his words.
"What do you want from me?" I said, my voice trembling.
"Well you see I texted you earlier and you blocked me. I confessed my feelings to you and you treat me like this. Like trash. you deleted my texts as if my confession doesn't matter, but I'll tell you right now. It does. So what I need from you is to unblock my number right now, in front of me. He took a small step back to allow me to move but not leaving my personal space. I slowly reached for my phone in my pocket and unblocked his number.
"Good girl" he leaned in again and whispered into my "pull a stunt like that again and it won't just be a threat next time. It'll be the real thing." I shivered despite the decent weather.

He stood up straight and stated " make sure you text me back, pick up my calls and-" I cut him off this time

"Why are you after me? There's loads of girls much prettier than I am. Why are you after me?"

"First of all, NEVER cut me off again" his eyes darkened, " and secondly I'm not the one who's after you, you're the one you took my heart and ran."

I looked at him shocked. "Oh yes, I know about that job of yours. I wonder what your mother would say about her daughter working at a bar. Especially as a 'good' muslimah." He smirked. I wanted to scratch his eyes out and break his pretty boy face. Anger boiling up inside of me. "Who the hell do you think you are? I made one mistake and you're gonna use that against me, to YOUR benefit." I was hysterical. Why couldn't my life go smoothly? Why was I always getting dragged into drama? Why couldn't I just live my life peacefully when it was finally starting to look beautiful. My heart was sinking as I slid down the wall with my face in my hands, to hide my tears.

I took that job cause we NEEDED money we were barely surviving. We didn't have any money and I had to feed my mum scraps - the fact that I couldn't give her a proper meal was hurting my heart so, when I saw the bar advertising at such a good pay, I let my greed take over. I was expected to wear short and skimpy clothes. I took off my hijab and let my hair free and I was making drinks. The other baristas would go over to the customers and use their body to get tips, but I didn't, I was already committing such horrible sins, I was disgusted at myself. I left after 3 months when I had saved enough money of which I knew would be enough for the both of us to not live like before. And I guess now that the past was coming to haunt me...

******

 How was this chapter?

Do you think Ayla is in the wrong, despite the circumstances?