Chapter 7

I dedicate this chapter to diya100_ the first person to vote on my story. I was going to take this down, but when I saw that she had voted and commented I decided to carry it on.

***

After pulling away from after a while. He asks me "Are you sure about our Nikah?"

I nod my head. " Even though you annoy me like hell. You were there. You were there when no one else was."

"I hope you can forgive me for the stupid things I did. I promise I won't do anything stupid or idiotic like that ever again. I just don't want you to take this decision rashly and then later regret it. I don't want to be the only choice you've got but the best choice you've got."

"You are" I lied.

"Stop lying Ayla." He stated sternly.

"It's just that-"

"Don't you dare lie to me again. I just want the truth."

"The truth is that I don't love you the way that you claim to love me. I don't. But I know that you're trustworthy, that you'll always be there when I need you. That you'll always put me first that you'll never disregard any of my needs. I know that you've been there for me when my family hasn't. I know you've got all the qualities of a good husband. Please just become my support during this hard time and let me marry you." I look up smiling softly.

I was saying all these things from my heart and to be honest however he had wronged me wasn't even half as bad as how my family had. And he possessed all the traits I had always wanted in a husband. And for the worry of if I'll regret my decision, I guess only time will tell me of I do.

"I'm ready for a Nikah. I'll try my best to fulfill all my duties as a wife, as long as you do too."

"I'm not looking servant Ayla. If you think cooking and cleaning are your duties. They are not. I want a wife. Someone who's my better half, someone who'll encourage me to be better Muslim, someone who'll be there, by my side during my ups and downs in life."

"I think I'm ready." I replied.

"If you're completely sure, then we'll get our Nikah done then," he said with a triumph smile "you'll soon become Mrs Ayla Ismail Hussain."

"Yeah, I guess." I returned the smile.

"Come on, we need to go to hospital." He said beckoning me to his car.

"Ummm.. I need to tell you something. I kinda broke off my ties with my dad and I don't want to stay in that house any longer so can we get our nikah done today? After my mum's funeral and burial, obviously. And..."

"Of course. Well get our nikah done whenever and wherever you want. However, my boys are definitely going to be witnesses. Is that ok? They've always been there for me and I'd like to include them in the day that I'll be called a married man."

"Yeah of course. That's fine."

"What else were you going to say?"

"Um.. will your parents accept me?"

"Of course they will. My dads here in the uk so he will probably attend the Nikah so you'll get to meet him. Come on now. Let's get to the hospital." He started dragging me towards his car.

"I've got my car I'm going in my own and you follow in yours, ok?"

We finally got to the hospital. My mum had died and I was ready for my Nikah. What a daughter! I needed someone and I guess that person was Ismail. She had encouraged me to do so, I guess I was fulfilling her last wish.

I got to the room and there she was my mother's body. It looked like she was sleeping and would get up any minute now. She might wake up and give her Salaams and tell me how much she loves me. A tear slipped from my eyes. She'll tell me what she did today. Another one fell. Maybe she'll tell me about another friend she made. Or how proud she was of me. Or how grateful she was I didn't give up on her and now the tears wouldn't stop. I then remembered her words. I quickly wiped my tears and picked up her hand. Ice cold. I placed a kiss on it one last time. I then placed my hand on her forehead and kissed her one last time. It was also ice cold.

She was really gone.

She wasn't coming back.

She never will.

I left the room, only to be greeted by someone I never imagined to see here but greatly despised.

******

Who do you think it is?

Is Ayla actually going to go through with the Nikah?