𝗕𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗳𝘂𝗹|| Chapter 4

<<Ding Dooong!>> the TV screen in Shuichi's room and all the other teenagers lit up, showing Monokuma.
Shuichi woke up stunned to hear his voice as soon as he woke up, like everyone else. Shuichi was very tired, having gone to bed late last night. He had thought over and over about what Angie had told him.
He had trusted Kaede, having known her for a very short time. Could he even trust Kokichi? The one who proclaimed himself the baddest person in this world, a supreme leader with an evil organization called D.I.C.E. with more than 10,000 members.
The boy rubbed his eyes, turning on his side and looking at the wall, still thinking.
<<Can I trust Ouma-kun?>> he whispered, as if he wanted an answer from someone.
But it never arrived. Or maybe...

<<Knock knock, Saihara-chaaan!>> someone knocked on the detective's door.
<<Are you awake? Come onnnn, open this door!>> and continued to knock interruptedly. Kokichi Ouma.
'And speaking of the devil...'
Shuichi got up, still half asleep, opened the door. Before him was the supreme leader, rocking on tiptoe with his hands behind his back. He was dressed as usual, in his white suit, his gravity-defying purple hair and his usual smirk on his lips.

<< Oh Shumai! Did I wake you up? >> the tinkling voice of the purple-haired boy rang in the ears of Shuichi, who tried to keep his eyes open. He shook his head in no sign, yawning a little <<M-Mmhm no... I was already awake>> and immediately rubbed his eyes, still sleepy. When he recovered, he looked towards the smallest <<Why did you come here at this hour?>>
<<Mmhm, I was bored so I thought about my beloved detective>> Kokichi smiled 'innocently', putting his hands behind his back.
Beloved detective, huh?
Shuichi sighed.
<<So get dressed, and let's go to play!>> Kokichi exclaimed, while his eyes glittered.
<<Play?>> Shuichi held back a smile, looking at the smaller boy. Kokichi was aesthetically tiny and had a small face, it was easy to mistake him for a kid. Even temperamentally, sometimes, he was: when he jumped, when he ran to run away from Maki, when he played some tricks on the poor Gonta.

Shuichi dressed quickly and then joined Kokichi in the hall, as the purple-haired boy had decided. When he arrived, Kokichi was sitting at a table, drumming his fingers on it. When he saw him, he waved his hand to get noticed even though Shuichi was already walking towards him.
He sat down in front of him while Kokichi began to speak <<Nishishi, are you ready Saihara-chan~?>>
<<What exactly are we going to play?>> Shuichi looked at him, hesitant and a bit intimidated by the game he could play. Kokichi simply smiled <<Since I have no games to kill you, we could play rock, paper, scissors!>> Shuichi sighed happily, putting a hand over his heart as they both got ready.
<<I changed my mind>> Kokichi simply said <<I will kill you if you lose in the 3rd round!>>
<<WHAT !?>>

...

...94...
...95...
...96...
Kokichi snorted <<Saihara-chan stop copying me! It's not funny!>>
<<E-Eh copying you? I'm doing nothing!>>
It was the 97th time they were playing rock, paper, scissors, but neither of them lost. They were always in parity.

...97...
...98...
...99...
<<Enough I'm bored>> Kokichi cut it short, closing his eyes and putting his arms behind his head. And there was silence but not for long, unfortunately.
<<I HAVE AN IDEA!>> Kokichi shouted enthusiastically, putting a hand behind his back and extracting something.
A knife !?
'He wants to kill me!?' Shuichi thought, alarming in his mind.
<<Let's play the knife game!>> Kokichi started playing with it, smiling a lot. Shuichi already knew what the game was about, but the purple-haired boy explained anyway.
<<The game of the knife, or "game of the stab between the fingers", is a game in which, resting the palm of the hand on a table with the fingers spread apart, using a knife, you try to stab back and forth between the fingers , moving the object back and forth, trying not to hit your fingers! Is simple! >> Kokichi put his hand on the table, fingers spread, and took the knife.
Shuichi realized the danger that could happen. <<Ohhh... I have all my fingers, the knife goes chop chop chop... If I miss the spaces between my fingers they will come off... >> Kokichi began to sing, making the knife move between his fingers.
<<O-Ouma-kun be careful!>>
But the purple-haired boy ignored him completely, continuing to sing and move the knife a little faster <<... And if I hit my fingers soon the blood will come out But the same game to this game, because that's what it's all about... >>
The faster the knife went, the more Kokichi's adrenaline went up and Shuichi's anxiety increased.
<<Ouma-kun stop, you are too fast!>>
<<Oh, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop... I'm increasing the speed>> Kokichi still continued, with a smile on his lips <<And if I hit my fingers, then my hand will start to bl->>
Zac!

The knife game ended, as the knife had cut Kokichi's skin. It was nothing serious, but Shuichi was immediately alarmed. He jumped up and took his hand, making him let go of the knife. The blue-haired boy geared up and took a kit, wrapping his finger with gauze. He didn't know how to do it as he had always been careful not to get hurt, but he tried his best.
While Shuichi continued to heal him, Kokichi watched him closely. Move after move. The hair that covered his eyes a little, his mouth half open, the droplets of sweat on his forehead for fear of doing it wrong, his hands were holding his injured hand.
Shuichi kept telling him to be careful, that the cut was not serious but he could get an infection. Kokichi didn't listen to him and kept smiling looking at the funny expressions on his face. Kokichi found it really cute.
'He seems like an angel...' and with this thought, Kokichi blushed.
Everything was perfect, until...

<<A BODY HAS BEEN DISCOVERED!>>